Hi

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hi

Postby Beserka » 16 Apr 2010, 11:52

Hi all,

My name is Col and I finally have a place with a garden that will fit a bbq, so I am looking at trying out a few of the hints in here, once I have finally settled on which bbq to buy.

Cheers

Col
Beserka
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Hi

Postby All Weather Griller » 16 Apr 2010, 11:59

Hi Col,

welcome on board, I'm sure that you will find lots of colourful views on which to go for.

There are a few on here that build their own, some of that buy them and some even import them. That said there is a great bunch of people on here and look forward to your posts.

Beerz

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby Beserka » 19 Apr 2010, 18:51

Thanks for that.
Well I made the plunge and bought a Weber kettle on the weekend.
2 Grills down and I have learnt 1 very valuable lesson - Don't get distracted by the polenta cooking on the stove or your coals will go cold.
Anyway onwards and upwards from here.

Col
Beserka
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 19 Apr 2010, 18:56

Which Kettle did you go for?

My first ever cook on the Weber Kettle was the Classic Beer Can Chicken. A good sturdy brand, mine is 7 years old and going strong.

Enjoy

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby Beserka » 20 Apr 2010, 08:50

Hey,

I went for the base model 57cm kettle - I could not justify spending to much more on a smoker for a couple of reasons.
I live in London and though I dont know my neighbours, I dont want them being to pissed at me for smoking them out for long periods of time. At some stage I will return home to Australia and I dont want to get to attached to a good smoker and have to pay the shipping home as I cant bear to part with it. I think I will have enough problems parting with my Weber as it is!!!
So far I am having great fun reading about the UDS projects that are taking place on here.

Col
Beserka
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 20 Apr 2010, 09:34

The 57cm Weber Kettle is a great unit, you can cook plenty of great food on one.

But I can tell your head has been turned by the idea of a UDS. It'll eat away at you until you can resist no longer :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Beserka » 20 Apr 2010, 10:19

I would love to have a UDS, but I would have to take some space from my wife's herb/vegatable garden and I just dont see that happening anytime this century.
Maybe when we upgrade to a bigger house with a decent yard.
Beserka
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself