Hello from Me

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from Me

Postby Ben » 16 Apr 2010, 07:57

Hi Guys,

I have been lurking about a bit for a while.

I live in near Edinburgh, and have been a slightly fanatical BBQ fan since my days as a chef. I never realized there were others out there in the UK who believe that a BBQ is not burning a sausage over a cheap gas grill.

My equipment is one of those rusty Brinkmann Pro-Grills (about 8 years old), and I'm thinking of combining it with an old Webber Kettle to create a separate smoke box, (But I'll most likely end up just buying a new pit)

Anyways, I hope I can learn and share over the summer with everyone.

Peace.
Ben
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Hello from Me

Postby Steve » 16 Apr 2010, 10:33

Hey Ben,

Glad to have you on board.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby All Weather Griller » 16 Apr 2010, 12:03

Hi Ben,

Great to see you make the leap from lurking. I'm sure there'll be plenty going on over the summer and over winter too ;-)

good luck with the frankenbbq, we love pics n progress updates so let us know how you're getting on.

Beerz

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby Ben » 16 Apr 2010, 14:07

Thanks guys.

RE: FRANKIN-Q

Not really the right section of the forum for this, but when I was in B&Q today, I noticed some hollow table legs made from steel.. Thinking "uber-chimney". (I don't think I'd get an ASBO for covering my street with the smell of hickory!) Just need one of those commercial storage heater tanks, and some more understanding from evil-wife-lady :lol:
Ben
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 16 Apr 2010, 14:54

Lol, I recently stocked up on understand with a pair of UGGS for said evil wife lady.
:D
All Weather Griller

Postby Ben » 16 Apr 2010, 15:04

Lol, I recently stocked up on understand with a pair of UGGS for said evil wife lady.

Thinking more along the £10 mark? FYI - Superduper oven cleaner from Makro, and a bag of "Restaurant-grade charcoal" don't buy much understanding. :shock:
Ben
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself