Hello from Scotland

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from Scotland

Postby RodC » 20 Mar 2010, 00:23

Hi folks, just found the forum & already need to thank the people in the UDS threads in the inventors' area for some good leads on where to get some parts for my intended UDS build.

I started smoking last year, buying a Landmann Tennessee smoker (see pic below) - I've enjoyed some good bbq off it, but it's a pain to keep up to heat even after sealing doors etc, so I've decided on a UDS for this summer.

I've had a few bits of joy on getting smoking wood, plum offcuts mainly, but if anyone has experience of smoking with hazel wood, or wood from currant bushes, please let me know, otherwise I'll let you know after I try it, carefully.

I'm a member of the Smoking Meat Forum (SMF), a US forum which has some real talent on it as well - BBQ Engineer's build being a thing of beauty.

Cheers,

Rod
RodC
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hello from Scotland

Postby British BBQ Society » 20 Mar 2010, 08:43

Welcome to the forum Rod.
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Steve » 21 Mar 2010, 17:32

Welcome to the forum.

Glad the UDS thread is helpful. I spent ages looking for parts so I thought I'd share the places I found them to save others the time.

eBay is also a good place to start looking.

Good luck with your UDS!!!!
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby esselle » 23 Mar 2010, 13:37

Hello and welcome,
I have just bought a Landmann as a second smoker to add to my pro q. First run as we speak and it seems to be holding temp well so far.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Introduce Yourself