Hello from Cheshire

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from Cheshire

Postby Bilco » 03 Jan 2012, 17:12

HI All

Thought I would say hello.

I have always had a passion for BBQ / Smoked food ever since I lived a terraced house and used to BBQ in the door to the garage in all weathers and any time of year to get my BBQ meat fix. Since then I have had several BBQ's.

I bought a Brinkmann Pro 7 years ago and it was excellent, then come the day to upgrade. I decided on another Brinkmann from the last ones performance the one with a double grill with the handles to raise the coals, this was a big mistake and I wished I still had my old one… after 3 years the legs rusted off and the grills also rusted thin…

I stumbled across The BBBQS looking for a new Smoker for 2012. This website looks amazing and what’s been needed for a long time.

This leaves me with the massive task of finding a quality BBQ with a smoker box. But looking around the UK I can’t find anything I would like to invest in.. :-/

Fingers crossed ill find one and I’ll make sure I look after this one so it will last me a lifetime….

Bilco
Bilco
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hello from Cheshire

Postby British BBQ Society » 03 Jan 2012, 17:45

Hi Bilco, Welcome to the forum!

There are various options from Bullet style smokers like the WSM and Pro Q (you will find a couple of threads on here where people voice their opinions), as for offsets (with the box on the side) the market in the UK is very limited, with quality being very poor, Brinkmann used to have it right but as with most companies and the cost of steel, shortcuts seem to have been made to their detriment. It will be interesting to see what new products appear in the next couple of months.

Cheers

Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Eddie » 03 Jan 2012, 17:54

Bilco, welcome fella.

Eddie
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby RobinC » 03 Jan 2012, 21:57

Bilco - welcome aboard nice to have another person from Cheshire on the forum!
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Introduce Yourself