Hello from NY

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from NY

Postby motoeric » 02 Dec 2011, 22:35

Hi,

I'm glad to see that true BBQ is thriving overseas. You guys (and gals) deserve a lot of credit for kicking butt in an environment that isn't as easy on competitors as we have it in the US.

My name is Eric and I'm from New York. I have run and helped to run about ten State Championships. When competing, I help my niece on the Grill Scouts.

I cook on Weber Smokey Mountains and Weber Kettles and when competing our priority is to have a enjoy ourselves and spend time with family and friends. If we can work in winning a few trophies, so much the better.

If you ever find yourself in NY during a competition, there will always be a chair and a drink waiting for you.

Eric
motoeric
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hello from NY

Postby Eddie » 03 Dec 2011, 02:24

Welcome Eric to BBBQS, it's great to have more Americans joining in with our site. Look forward in reading your post.

Regards

Eddie
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby British BBQ Society » 03 Dec 2011, 05:16

Welcome to the forum Eric!
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Impeed » 03 Dec 2011, 07:58

Welcome !!
Impeed
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby esselle » 06 Dec 2011, 08:39

Hi Eric,
Welcome to the forum. Are in NYC or the state? We were there back in August. We were in NYC for 4 days and Buffalo for 3. Absolutely loved it.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Smoky Joe » 06 Dec 2011, 08:47

Hi Eric

Welcome I am looking forward to any posts that you might put up on her and it is good to have another person to learn from. :)

Gav
Smoky Joe
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby motoeric » 08 Dec 2011, 01:02

esselle wrote:Hi Eric,
Welcome to the forum. Are in NYC or the state? We were there back in August. We were in NYC for 4 days and Buffalo for 3. Absolutely loved it.

Long Island. About 40 minutes from NYC and 40 minutes from the Hamptons. Dab smack in the middle of suburbia.

Let me know if you are heading back!

Eric
motoeric
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby esselle » 08 Dec 2011, 08:25

motoeric wrote:
esselle wrote:Hi Eric,

Long Island. About 40 minutes from NYC and 40 minutes from the Hamptons. Dab smack in the middle of suburbia.

Let me know if you are heading back!

Eric

Lovely area apparently. We plan to come back asap if we can squeeze it in later in the year.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby motoeric » 13 Dec 2011, 05:05

If you make it back in August you can join us at a NY State Championship on Long Island. About 50 teams, lots of friendly people. It should be a good time.

Eric
motoeric
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby esselle » 13 Dec 2011, 08:20

motoeric wrote:If you make it back in August you can join us at a NY State Championship on Long Island. About 50 teams, lots of friendly people. It should be a good time.

Eric

Now that does sound appealing. What date is the comp do you know yet?
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself