Just wanted to drop in and say hi from across the pond.

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Just wanted to drop in and say hi from across the pond.

Postby Divemaster » 30 Nov 2011, 16:43

As you can see my handle is ‘Divemaster’ and that’s what I did for a number of years. But that’s all in the past, though I do still scuba dive but neither to the extent nor depth that I used to.

I’ve had a competition BBQ team here in the states called ‘Stockcar BBQ’ for over 5 years now. The team name came from the fact that I was the Pitmaster for a catering group that served over 35 NASCAR teams (about 3,000 to 5,000 meals a weekend).

I’ve been cooking since I was about 9 years old and discovered a passion for BBQ around age 15. Since then I’ve pretty much lived by the saying that “If it doesn’t come off of a smoker, it’s just a side dish”.

As for equipment, I have:
"The Mistress" – A custom built Lang off-set, reverse flow cooker that I use not only at competitions but also for my larger cooks.
“Ramona” – A Large Big Green Egg that I use for most of my personal cooks
“The Cottage Cooker” – Is a UDS (Ugly Drum Smoker) that I keep at our family’s summer house.
“Little Bubba” – Was my first cooker (Brinkman Smoke & Pit Pro) that is now retired.

Anyway, hanks for letting me join up! I actually just got back from a trip to Hungry, Austria, along with a quick stop in Prague, but I’m hoping to get over to the UK some time soon.

Thanks again,

Jeff
Divemaster
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Just wanted to drop in and say hi from across the pond.

Postby Eddie » 30 Nov 2011, 16:58

Welcome Jeff, looking forward in reading your post.

Regards

Eddie
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby British BBQ Society » 30 Nov 2011, 18:54

Welcome to the forum Jeff, appreciate the visit.

Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Divemaster » 30 Nov 2011, 20:15

DrSweetsmoke wrote:Yo brother Jeff welcome to how the other half live. 8-)

Bother Dr., How you been man?!? Long time no talk to!
Divemaster
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby keith157 » 01 Dec 2011, 06:20

Hi Jeff & welcome, I'm fairly new to the world of "smokin" so from your tag line I've eaten one heck of a lot of "side dishes" ;) (few of them salads :D ). Welcome indeed and hopefully some of us can pick your brain, if you can remember how do do small family BBQs ;). Most of my cooking effort are, like yours for numbers ranging from 3-5 (just drop the noughts).
keith157

Postby Divemaster » 01 Dec 2011, 14:00

keith157 wrote:Hi Jeff & welcome, I'm fairly new to the world of "smokin" so from your tag line I've eaten one heck of a lot of "side dishes" ;) (few of them salads :D ). Welcome indeed and hopefully some of us can pick your brain, if you can remember how do do small family BBQs ;). Most of my cooking effort are, like yours for numbers ranging from 3-5 (just drop the noughts).

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Please feel free to pick my brain. While I love doing to the cooking, I also love discussing the subject.

Oh, and don't worry about the salads.... Those too shall pass.
Divemaster
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Smoky Joe » 01 Dec 2011, 15:33

Hi Jeff

Welcome to the site and am looking forward to learning some things from you over time. By the way nice BBQ setup. :D

Gav
Smoky Joe
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself