Hi my name is Gavin and i am from Hindhead in Surrey

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hi my name is Gavin and i am from Hindhead in Surrey

Postby Smoky Joe » 03 Nov 2011, 09:01

Hi all my name is Gavin and i am from Hindhead in surrey. I have been really in to Barbequing for about 5 years now and now i would really like to step it up a gear. I have to say i was great to find the British BBQ Society and really good to see other people in the UK share the same love of the BBQ. I think that in the UK people only think that frozen burgers and sausages and plain chicken drum sticks are the only thing that is on a British BBQ. But when you look at the people on this website there is nothing better to see that the likes of the American BBQ style is also strong with the likes of pulled pork and some great rubs and sauce ideas. Well what more can i say the hi and i will be great to talk and meet some of you at some of the competitions either competing later on or just to see how things are done.

Regards

Gavin
Smoky Joe
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Hi my name is Gavin and i am from Hindhead in Surrey

Postby British BBQ Society » 03 Nov 2011, 09:47

Hi Gavin, welcome to the forum! just down the road from you in Tongham, hope you find the forum useful.

Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keith157 » 03 Nov 2011, 10:07

Hi Gavin and welcome, somewhat of a new boy. "Boy" can't remember the last time I was referred to as that, well I can but that's a story for a different time & place :evil: :oops: . New to the ideas and tastes of US BBQ, but there are plenty of people willing to offer sound advice. Have a good read you'll enjoy it.
keith157

Postby Smoky Joe » 03 Nov 2011, 10:55

Hi Guys

Thanks for saying hi and I am looking forward to coming and seeing the events even more so as they are so close. So I guess all the events happen through the summer months then. Well that should give me time to get some recipes together and try and few things out before then. So where is the best place to get charcoal briquettes through the winter months.

Gavin
Smoky Joe
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Eddie » 03 Nov 2011, 13:26

Gavin, welcome, welcome, welcome.

Eddie
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Big_Fat_Dan » 04 Nov 2011, 08:48

From one newby to another, Hello!

Great forum, you will always find great advice here, everyone is very friendly.
Big_Fat_Dan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Smoky Joe » 04 Nov 2011, 08:53

Believe me I am really looking forward to learning so much from everyone. :D
Gav
Smoky Joe
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby keith157 » 04 Nov 2011, 14:27

Smoky Joe wrote:Hi Guys

Thanks for saying hi and I am looking forward to coming and seeing the events even more so as they are so close. So I guess all the events happen through the summer months then. Well that should give me time to get some recipes together and try and few things out before then. So where is the best place to get charcoal briquettes through the winter months.

Gavin

Most petrol stations will probably have some, there are loads of comments as to which are best on the forum if you look online there are several companies willing to sell you probably more than you need. I'm certainly going to be trying to co-co shell briquettes next year, but it seems that you have to buy in bulk :(
keith157

Postby chokethechicken » 04 Nov 2011, 15:49

Hi, Gav. Welcome to the dark side :D

Regarding charcoal, it may cost a bit more for the Restaurant Grade Lumpwood Charcoal but I can recommend ordering direct from the big k website.
chokethechicken
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Smokingwoodman » 12 Nov 2011, 16:58

Gav

Hope you got my PM reply.

I have some good lump charcoal made at the end of the summer so can sort you some with some other stuff... why not pop over one Sunday

rgs Paul
Smokingwoodman
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself