hi from sunny bristol

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Re: hi from sunny bristol

Postby bbqstu » 26 Jul 2011, 16:26

Thank you for all the replies. Jec how easy is it to smoke with a kettle? The one touch premium looks like
A decent bit of kit
bbqstu
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby JEC » 26 Jul 2011, 16:55

It's quite simple once you understand the basic principal of indirect cooking, check out the amazingribs website for loads of tips. The platinum is an excellent kettle to get you started I've had mine for about 3 years when it used to be called the one touch gold it's now the premium, you could save yourself a bit of money and go for that, you can buy the add on table if you find you need the space.
JEC

Postby bbqstu » 29 Jul 2011, 18:16

The amazing ribs site was great just what I needed to visualize how to hot smoke on a kettle
All looks pretty straight forward really just need pay day to come so I can order one.

Thanks again for the replies it is appreciated
bbqstu
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby oddsocks » 29 Jul 2011, 23:06

bbqstu wrote:The amazing ribs site was great just what I needed to visualize how to hot smoke on a kettle
All looks pretty straight forward really just need pay day to come so I can order one.

Thanks again for the replies it is appreciated

craig is a good bloke. he's on facebook and will help you out much like the guys on here. i think he's registered on bbbqs as well....
oddsocks
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself