Hi folks. Ed here and I love food.

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hi folks. Ed here and I love food.

Postby eater of food » 04 Jul 2011, 21:24

Hi folks.

I'm Ed, I'm 21 and I'm training to be a primary school teacher. I became involved in the BBBQS through my Godfather Richard, BBBQS Head Judge, and his friendship with Toby. My own history with Toby has been rather chequered, although I'm pretty sure I'm no longer quite the prick I was as a small child, and we're best of friends now.

I'm a lover of food, cooking and especially eating, and have enjoyed two events so far (Mayhem in May 2011, and the Big Feastival 2011 where I served as Head Judge in Richard's absense).

I'm keen to become a permanent face on the BBBQS circuit, and to learn as much as I can about barbecue.

I cannot thank Toby enough for giving me the opportunity to become part of such an awesome calendar, and I'll continue to bring as many new friends along as possible to each event.
eater of food
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Hi folks. Ed here and I love food.

Postby JEC » 05 Jul 2011, 05:55

JEC

Postby British BBQ Society » 05 Jul 2011, 08:36

Unfortunately Richard was admitted to hospital shortly after Mayhem in May with stroke like symptoms and has since been diagnosed with MS, at 35 and my oldest friend it is a very difficult situation, we welcome Ed on board having provided most of the judges for Mayhem in May, attended several training courses and now running his own to make sure judges in the future are all aware of exactly what is required. We endeavour to have a consistent judging body and as I am sure those that met him at Mayhem in May and the Big Feastival will agree, Ed is an asset to the British BBQ Society

Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby esselle » 05 Jul 2011, 15:31

Hi Ed,
Welcome to the forum. It was nice chatting with you at the big feastival.
Scott.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Introduce Yourself