American BBQ Trailers

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

American BBQ Trailers

Postby Highland Hopper » 17 Jun 2011, 17:20

Good evening all,

I am based in the North of Scotland and was wondering if anyone has imported a trailer from the States? I understand there is a Guy from essex fabricating some cool stuff at the moment, but I would prefer the real thing from Texas.
Highland Hopper
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: American BBQ Trailers

Postby British BBQ Society » 17 Jun 2011, 18:00

The guy from essex is Nerijus from BBQ Mates and he is good, i have seen 3 of his rigs, 2 functional trains and another loaded wagon that he built for someone, there are a few people n here that have imported from the states, i know of 1 Jambo and 3 Superiors currently competing on our circuit!
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby esselle » 17 Jun 2011, 21:26

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Besides the ones that Toby has mentioned you should also take a look at pitmaker in Texas they do some very nice rigs.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby All Weather Griller » 17 Jun 2011, 22:41

I have a Jambo. What would you like to know?
All Weather Griller

Postby Steve » 17 Jun 2011, 23:13

All Weather Griller wrote:I have a Jambo.

Do you? I hadn't realised. Why have you never mentioned it? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby All Weather Griller » 18 Jun 2011, 04:08

Steve wrote:Do you? I hadn't realised. Why have you never mentioned it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just assumed people wouldn't be that interested. ;)
All Weather Griller

Postby Highland Hopper » 19 Jun 2011, 14:36

esselle wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum.
Besides the ones that Toby has mentioned you should also take a look at pitmaker in Texas they do some very nice rigs.

Thanks, have now checked out their web site and they look like the type of thing I am looking for. I have started communicating with the guy from east texas bbq trailers also.
Highland Hopper
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Highland Hopper » 19 Jun 2011, 14:41

DrSweetsmoke wrote:
Highland Hopper wrote:Good evening all,

I am based in the North of Scotland and was wondering if anyone has imported a trailer from the States? I understand there is a Guy from essex fabricating some cool stuff at the moment, but I would prefer the real thing from Texas.

What type are you looking for?

I was looking at the trailers from east texas bbq trailers. £5500 would import a reasnable outfit I think but I am still a complete novice at this and dont want to buy the wrong thing. At the moment I have a chip shop and restaurant but am looking for something that I can work at away from the business. I would like to do the small highland games and civic events up here. You have alot more experience of this type of thing than myself. Do the public just want burgers and sausages or is there a bit of excitment regarding smoked food, briskets and the like?
Highland Hopper
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby British BBQ Society » 19 Jun 2011, 15:28

If we can move this topic to here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1148 rather than intros that would be great, think everyones opinions would benefit us all!
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself