Hi

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hi

Postby ducksmuggler » 14 Jun 2011, 10:14

Hi im Adie ,
im from southampton , just getting started in art of cooking things over fire :D
iv been cooking things like legs of lamb and chickens in my webber for years but only discovered pulled pork and brisket after my wife purchased me a bbq book last summer , tried them with some success and i can make a pretty mean version of she devil bbq sauce

just got my self a cheep bullet type smoker off ebay and thought id get some advise on how to use it .
me and my friends are also convering a oil barrel bbq into a spit roast type affair again any advise for getting started with spit roasts ( whats good for practice before a pig )

appologies for my terrible grammer and spelling :roll:
ducksmuggler
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Hi

Postby ZUL » 14 Jun 2011, 11:55

Welcome! You've come to the right place for such advice and I'm sure that all the local experts are about to pounce on this and get you spit roasting a pig in notime.
ZUL
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby clairbare » 14 Jun 2011, 12:32

Welcome to the forum, you are certainly in the right place :) Whatever you do make sure you take plenty of pics, we love to droool over them
clairbare
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Curlie028 » 14 Jun 2011, 12:46

Welcome ducks,
This is definately the right place but I'm not the right man. Joined the forum last week and have already managed to buy a WSM and smoke some fantastic ribs and a couple of chicken.
Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
My advice would be to have a flick through the forums and you will find some gems, particularly in the Introduce Yourself and New to BBQ forums. And then just ask any question you have and these guys will have the answer.
Enjoy the site.
Curlie028
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Swindon_Ed » 14 Jun 2011, 15:39

Welcome Adie,

If you've got any questions i know everyone on here is always happy to help.

Do you have a link to or a picture of the smoker that you bought so we'll all know what your cooking on when you start asking questions.
Swindon_Ed

Postby All Weather Griller » 14 Jun 2011, 15:43

Welcome welcome.

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby stickthekettleon » 14 Jun 2011, 19:25

Welcome to the forum,

What bullet smoker ya got? Odds on someone'll have something similar so there'll be tips a plenty.
stickthekettleon
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby esselle » 14 Jun 2011, 21:14

Hi and welcome to the forum.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby BBQFanatic » 14 Jun 2011, 22:58

Is it one of the Brinkmanns or the Harvest 3-in-1 Image?

If its the Brinkman, I did a little post on my mod's to get it singing. Either way good to have you here
http://www.bbbqs.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=997&start=10#p7546
BBQFanatic

Postby ducksmuggler » 15 Jun 2011, 06:42

wow ... hi guys , iv never been made to feel more welcome on a forum :D thank you

the smoker iv got is the one pictured above , iv got a 57in weber kettle and a smokey joe for toasting buns . iv been browsing the forum for the last few days and already picked up loads of tips . im going to start a thread about buliding a spit

again thanks for the warm welcome

adie :D
ducksmuggler
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself