Hello from America

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from America

Postby Hotdog » 05 Jun 2011, 11:15

Hello all.....

Im a looOOOoooooong time smoker and grilling nut :) . I just stumbled across this site and decided to add it to my other BBQ sites I enjoy. My wife and I do a few amature cook-offs a year, and would like to try to cook against the big boys someday :lol: . I live right in the middle of the USA & BBQ country.....Kansas. Im a certified KCBS judge, but haven't judged any events yet :( . Ive been wayyyyyyy to buisy at work the past year or so. I'll try to post a picture sometime of out "homemade" smoker...( Im NOT real computer savy and have to get my son to do it for me :oops: ).

Im also a HUGE sprint car racing fan. Actually a race fan of anything as long as its on a dirt track :lol: .

Anyway hopefully I can pick-up an idea or two and maybe give out some helpful advice along the way.

Hotdog
Hotdog
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hello from America

Postby British BBQ Society » 05 Jun 2011, 11:58

Welcome to the forum hotdog! great part of the world you live in! Have been privileged to have been to the American Royal for the last couple of years, and although Kansas City is Missouri (it had to be beaten into me :lol: ), loved the place!!
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby esselle » 05 Jun 2011, 12:07

Hello and welcome to the forum Hotdog.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby LM600 » 05 Jun 2011, 17:56

Welcome Mate! :)

We're striving to elevate BBQ here in the UK to the level it so rightly deserves as is shown in the US :)
LM600

Postby Hotdog » 05 Jun 2011, 20:48

Thanks all, time to go put some pork chops and corn on the cob on the treager.

By the way, Im not but about 3 1/2 to 4 hours from Kansas City. Fun city for a day or two......Ol country boy here, not to big on crowds and lots of people :) .
Hotdog
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby sloman » 06 Jun 2011, 07:37

Welcome Hotdog from yet another American.. I am spending a few months in Germany and I was turned onto this site by a fellow pellet smoker and I am finding it really interesting.. Like Dr. Sweetsmoke I am from the west coast.
sloman
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby ZUL » 13 Jun 2011, 08:02

Greetings Hotdog

Seems there are quite a few of us (Americans) around here. Similar to Sloman and the good Dr, I am a proud Westcoaster however have found a new home in London.

Glad to have you aboard, and can't wait to pick your brain!
ZUL
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby jotch » 16 Jun 2011, 10:57

Welcome aboard Hotdog.

So with all you folk from the states perhaps this should really be called the American British BBQ Society :lol:
jotch
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby esselle » 16 Jun 2011, 11:21

jotch wrote:Welcome aboard Hotdog.

So with all you folk from the states perhaps this should really be called the American British BBQ Society :lol:

Or maybe we could organise a 'Ryder cup' style bbq event.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby jotch » 16 Jun 2011, 12:15

esselle wrote:
jotch wrote:Welcome aboard Hotdog.

Or maybe we could organise a 'Ryder cup' style bbq event.

I like that idea...would have to have somekind of secret food submission tho so that the judges can't be biased. Maybe we could have an Ashes like comp with the Aussies too :lol:
jotch
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself