Wood pellet smoker/grill, where to buy?

Found any hotstuff that you want to tell people about, heres the place to do it!

Re: Wood pellet smoker/grill, where to buy?

Postby tommo666 » 19 May 2015, 18:08

chrisbonnie wrote:as a matter of interest lads.

What is the Daniel Boone like at direct grilling steaks, lamb cutlets etc.........?

Is the Daniel Boone still ok for direct grilling and not just smoking?

Just to add what Tiny has said it does cook steak, burger etc really good but you don't get the sear marks from the direct high heat. There is a product called 'Grill Grates' these give the sear marks.

The latest model of GMG grills include direct heat tech, with a different flame diffuser and drip tray but i don't know if they've made their way over here yet.
tommo666
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Tiny » 19 May 2015, 18:37

Tommo,
I believe the first of the next gen may well be residing in my back garden whilst I type :)
Cheers
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby tommo666 » 19 May 2015, 20:58

Tiny wrote:Tommo,
I believe the first of the next gen may well be residing in my back garden whilst I type :)
Cheers
Tiny

Awesome, I eagerly await the upgrade kit then. I had to get my wifi controller from the antipodes because GMG Uk weren't stocking the upgrade only on new units and if you upgrade the controller don't worry if your display suddenly reads 500 plus centigrade on max. The upgrade is only available in fahrenheit. I don't think they've figured that out yet.
tommo666
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby JBBQ » 20 May 2015, 09:31

You can get the wifi upgrade from AmericanBBQ.co.uk noe (don't think it is on the site but give them a call!)
JBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Product Reviews