Lakeland Stuffed Burger Maker

Found any hotstuff that you want to tell people about, heres the place to do it!

Lakeland Stuffed Burger Maker

Postby keith157 » 10 May 2013, 07:55

This is the beastie straight from the box, all parts are white blame poor lighting or the photographer ;) :oops:

First the mini burgers, think flattened meatballs. I was hoping they would be bigger but have an idea of 3 mini-burgers, 1 beef, 1 pork & 1 lamb in pitta or a wrap should work nicely. In old money they are 0.8 oz

Okay now for the main part, place meat (see end of report) in both halves, spread it out evenly. Then clip the silicon disc in place and close it shut. Open it and you have a small pocket in both sides (a very small pocket)

Remove the red disc. Fill the lower section with your choice of filling, in this case just over a teaspoonfull of finely grated strong cheddar, then close and press heavily to join the two halves together.

Finished article.

Cooked burger, note small pocket

Image.

Pro's. It's cheaper than importing a better one one from the US. The burgers are a uniform shape and size and the mini size could be used for variety as suggested above, or with a nice passata sauce on pasta :D .

Cons. Absolutely no instructions or guidance as to how much meat or what type should be used. Initially I tried to use my standard burger mix large & chunky (I only mince once through the 5mm plate) but it would not work. I tried pre-made butcher's burgers but they were too compressed so ended up with normal mince with added seasoning from my butcher. They don't seal too well, you can see the seperation on the photo above, although with extra hand finishing (does that make them artisan? ;) :lol: ) they seal better. A very small pocket for a filling and I'll be sticking to my "Stuffed Burger Pocket Press" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fkKdnNhBkM
I'll certainly be making more use of the mini burger mold than the larger one.

Hope this helps should someone be thinking of buying one. Then again you may well have better luck :D 8-)
keith157

Return to Product Reviews