Weber Warranty

A forum for reviews of BBQ's & Smokers. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

Weber Warranty

Postby Niall » 29 Mar 2015, 06:45

I'm just about to replace my old Ducane, and have been looking at a Weber Spirit E320. I'm sure that when I looked at Webers previously, they advertised a 25 year warranty (on the aluminium castings), it now appears that the warranty has been reduced to 10 years, is this correct??
Niall
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Weber Warranty

Postby TheMeatThief » 30 Mar 2015, 20:58

Hi there Niall.

This is something I looked into when I got my first weber grill this Christmas from my family, and it all depends on the series that you get.

Check out their site: http://help.weber.com/warranties/

Hope this helps

Jordan @ The Meat Thief
TheMeatThief
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Niall » 31 Mar 2015, 19:20

Thanks Jordan. I thought that the best people to answer the question would be Weber themselves, so I asked them and Have just received this answer:

"Dear Mr McIntosh,
Thank you for your enquiry.
Yes that is correct Weber US have brought down the warranty on all gas barbecues from 25 year limited warranty down to 10 years. This is something that the Head Office in America have put in place for all regions including the UK."

Interestingly, Broil King still appear to have a Lifetime warranty on their aluminium castings. I wonder if this change by Weber is indicative of any reduction in quality of product?
Niall
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Kiska95 » 17 May 2015, 23:35

Yep!
10 years limited 5 years on some.
But you can understand why, in business you need a failure rate or you go bust. if its life time warranty you dont get second purchases and eventually run out of buyers great name but not future sales
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby essexsmoker » 18 May 2015, 10:08

Assuming you even need the warranty. If you take care of it, it will last years. I know of a guy who's got a one touch that is about 30yrs old and still going. And no Trigger, it hasn't had 3 new lids and 4 new grates. Lol. :)
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to BBQ / Smoker Review