BigK RCH15 Charcoal

A forum for reviews of BBQ's & Smokers. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

BigK RCH15 Charcoal

Postby JEC » 13 Sep 2014, 18:46

After a long gap of not having time to post due to other commitments (distractions) I've finally gotten around to lighting up some RCH15, I know a lot of people have considered buying it when ACH15 is out of stock

So first this has been my distraction

I've had a bad back on and off for the last 6 months which has prevented me from a) doing any exercise and b) getting my garage sorted out, so, bad back better = garage sorted and I can start doing exercise again and find a home for one of my obsessions, buying charcoal in bulk

It comes in a white bag

It's mainly made up of sticks compared to the chopped up pieces you get in RCH12 and RCH15, nice mix of sizes from golf ball sized to 12" long logs

On to lighting, I like using these, I get them at a local country store

It had taken after less than 10 minutes and was burning on it's own giving off quite a bit of heat

Lid closed down and it was up to steak searing temperatures within another 10 minutes. It sparked when lighting but got to temperature way quicker than I expected and wasn't as hard to light I was lead to believe. All in all it's a fairly good charcoal and one I'll continue to buy in the future for grilling at least, will wait and see what it's like to smoke on in a couple of months once I'm back to my ideal body fat %
JEC

Return to BBQ / Smoker Review