Digital meat thermometer from Ikea.

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Digital meat thermometer from Ikea.

Postby The Big Kahuna » 09 May 2011, 21:03

Hi all,

I'm new to BBQ and have just been kitting myself out with the basics. I was looking for a cheap digital meat thermometer and accidently came across one at Ikea of all places. The probe has a nice long wire and you can set an alarm for when the appropriate temperate is reached. Only £7.20 as well.

Juts thought I'd share.

cheers.

TBK
The Big Kahuna
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Digital meat thermometer from Ikea.

Postby All Weather Griller » 09 May 2011, 21:21

I have seen a few people use those.my advice would be to If you get a chance compare it against another digital just so you know it is accurate and roughly how long it takes to get to the reading temp.

There is often a delay with all digi's some more than others. Knowing what your delay is and if it is within a certain degree of accuracy will give you a higher confidence level in the tool and a bargain to boot.

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby Impeed » 01 Aug 2011, 18:42

I looked at these and thought for the price not a bad thermometer ..basic but thats what you want really.
Unfortunatly Ikea will not ship these so it means a trip to the store and the nearest to me is over 130 miles away.

Was trawling amazon for a alternative and found the eKitch digital food probe which looks like it might be exactly the same thing, £8.95 tho but no P&P so still pretty cheap. Ordered 2 of them one for pit and one for meat. Will arrive the next few days and let you know if they are any good and also accurate.
Impeed
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby JEC » 01 Aug 2011, 19:08

Damn it, I was in Ikea on Saturday too, would have picked one up, especially as I melted my old one, oops
JEC

Postby Impeed » 03 Aug 2011, 19:18

2 x ekitch thermo arrived ..tested in a pan of boiling water ...both spot on ...had to file the crimped bit on the probe a fraction to fit thru the eye holes on my frontier ...but hey ...a good and a nice tight fit too :0) Pretty much the same thermo . 1 mtr lead to probe ...not bad for less n 9 squidlies.
Impeed
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby markd » 05 Aug 2011, 15:35

Gonna get a couple of these as well, already got a Maverick ET732 great bit of kit but the only thing wrong with it is it only has one food probe, would be very handy if it had dual food probes, so these cheap alternatives might come in very handy.
markd
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue Reviews