Your help and advice please

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Your help and advice please

Postby clairbare » 11 Apr 2011, 08:32

Found this smoker does anyone think it looks ok? Or would you steer clear from it??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHARCOAL-BBQ-SMOK ... 33663cdf25
clairbare
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Re: Your help and advice please

Postby British BBQ Society » 11 Apr 2011, 14:15

there are lots of these around, they come from the same factories in china as the charbroiler etc, the only thing that would concern me is the dimensions, you wouldnt get decent airflow around the grill for brisket and may struggle with the larger pork cuts
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby esselle » 11 Apr 2011, 15:43

I bought a similar one (maybe a bit smaller) last year but soon regretted it - not saying you will but just my opinion.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby MrBlue » 12 Apr 2011, 08:10

esselle wrote:I bought a similar one (maybe a bit smaller) last year but soon regretted it - not saying you will but just my opinion.

Why did you regret it esselle ??.............we have looked at them on eBay, but must admit we remain cautious as they dont appear to get a mention on this forum (not that I can see anyway) , and we would hate to be stuck with a Treagar-looky-likey that is made from cheap materials and ends up just being waste of money :!:
MrBlue
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby esselle » 12 Apr 2011, 09:43

MrBlue wrote:
esselle wrote:I bought a similar one (maybe a bit smaller) last year but soon regretted it - not saying you will but just my opinion.

Why did you regret it esselle ??.............we have looked at them on eBay, but must admit we remain cautious as they dont appear to get a mention on this forum (not that I can see anyway) , and we would hate to be stuck with a Treagar-looky-likey that is made from cheap materials and ends up just being waste of money :!:

The one I bought, as I said was smaller and not the same make, but it was cheap and cheaply manufactured. I could hardly fit anything on it and when I cooked on it smoke came from everywhere, not just the chimney as it should. Also being made of much thinner steel than I now know they should be, maintaining temps was a nightmare and fuel consuming. I sold it straight away, saved a few pennies up and kept a watch on ebay, and eventually a second hand cactus jack came along at the right money so I bought that, and I am more than happy with CJ. If it is Traeger you are swaying towards you will definately not be happy with the one you're looking at and I would talk to Toby as I am sure he did have some great offers a while back. ;)
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby MrBlue » 12 Apr 2011, 10:45

thanks for that - much appreciated, I think we'll stay clear of it for now! :D
MrBlue
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue Reviews