My Clone

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Re: My Clone

Postby bencops » 25 Apr 2011, 16:02

So have you run it yet or were you too busy making yorkshire puds in your kettle!
bencops

Postby All Weather Griller » 25 Apr 2011, 17:01

Lol Ben, I have a test cook of 8 racks of baby back ribs from Costco. They all fit onto 1 shelf with room to spare. I made them for the guys that built it for me. IMO they were over done but the guys loved em. It was very very efficient.
All Weather Griller

Postby bencops » 25 Apr 2011, 18:57

Wicked so its a success!
Lets see some photos of reddened meat on a tray in a gloomy, smokey box then!
bencops

Postby All Weather Griller » 25 Apr 2011, 19:31

All Weather Griller

Postby bencops » 25 Apr 2011, 20:29

can't believe I missed that - looks proper incredible that thing I'm so impressed and jealous!
bencops

Postby Swindon_Ed » 26 Apr 2011, 13:19

So are you going to start catering with this beauty? Or are you looking to become the Jamie Geer / Dave Klose of the UK and start building pit's for sale over here ;)
Swindon_Ed

Postby All Weather Griller » 26 Apr 2011, 17:20

Hi Ed,

I have no intentions of building these things but I am happy to put anyone in touch with the guys that are happy to become full on pit builders.

I will be using this for event cooks such as the Help for Heroes event I am doing in York. We have plans to cater a couple of weddings if people want us to but as I don't have an appetite for hard graft on something I consider a hobby, I won't be pandering to can you do this a x per head :D .

I am happy to give a per event price and this will reflect my desire to actually do the work. There are some costs that any catering "gigs" would be a bonus if they covered that is a) the setup costs and council approvals, which hasn't been cheap. b) the cost of the Jambo c) my competition costs.

If people want the Jambo at their wedding then it will be an extra. I will be hoaring it around to promote this style of BBQ, but I am not interested in promoting me I have nothing to gain by being on TV, my trade is I.T. In fact the Jambo is likely to stay locked in my shed when I'm not practicing on it. I have already mentioned to John Feeney that a pre-requisite of it being featured on TV will be a mention for the BBBQS and the competitions which is likely to immediately rule out people like BBC.

I really want to start doing more charity stuff with the Clone and Jambo and raise more awareness of this type of BBQ, I would love to see a circuit in the UK that is as close to the state circuits in the US. It would be awesome if I could decide on a Thursday if I want to enter a contest less that 70 miles of where I live.

It would be even better if sponsors coughed up prize money.
All Weather Griller

Postby SmokeShack » 02 Jun 2011, 06:17

Hi Adie

Please could you pass on the details for the guys who built this for you.

I've been looking for somebody to do something similar in Norfolk but not having much luck.

Thanks

Derek
SmokeShack
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 02 Jun 2011, 06:51

The beat person to speak to is Steve at Commercial Body Fabrications 07814 028396

Mention that you got the details from the BBBQS Forum.

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby clairbare » 02 Jun 2011, 07:15

It's a hobby that can be quite expensive though eh Adie?? After speaking to some of the guys at MIM they have spent THOUSANDS on their cookers - impressive as they are, I dont think we could afford anything better than the Pro Q :( :roll: and our building/design skills wouldn't go far enough to actually build one ourselves :lol:
clairbare
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

PreviousNext

Return to Barbecue Reviews