My Clone

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Re: My Clone

Postby Vic. » 27 Mar 2011, 17:27

Can anyone clarify what the wee shelf on the door of this vertical smoker is used for? I think it might be there to deflect indirect heat from the thermometer, am I right?

http://www.superiorsmokers.com/pics/SS2/IMGP0254.jpg
Vic.
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby All Weather Griller » 27 Mar 2011, 17:31

Not sure, It may be to stop drips running down the door and throught the seal.

I would PM either Scott or Joker, they have the SS One's and I'm sure they don't have that on.
All Weather Griller

Postby Vic. » 27 Mar 2011, 18:01

DrSweetsmoke wrote:
Vic. wrote:cheers Adie. The biggest problem with building smokers is sourcing the parts :( They're a pain in the neck and this is my first build. You guys must have patience like a Saint :lol:

Vic what are you looking for? I have a few things sitting around either waiting on future projects or off decommissioned cookers.

Thanks for the offer Al, I've nearly got everything now, just looking for the right type of rope. Was thinking a silicon covered rope might be more durable and safer. Can't make my mind up
Vic.
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby All Weather Griller » 27 Mar 2011, 18:09

I have seen these ride guys in action. AWESOME!
All Weather Griller

Postby Vic. » 27 Mar 2011, 18:28

http://www.afghanheroes.org.uk/homepage.asp

Would they be coming to N.Ireland, would have loved to watch the show. Just last week another soldier from N.I. was killed in Afganistan. :(
Vic.
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Vic. » 10 Apr 2011, 19:02

good job. the second thermometor is a good idea, which I had bought another.

is that expanded metal on your trays Adie?
Vic.
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby All Weather Griller » 10 Apr 2011, 19:37

They have a name for it something mesh, I'm not sure if that is any different to expanded metal.

I will also be using a couple of mavericks for the first few cooks to make sure I understand how it all runs. It ran well with nothing in it the other day. But that all changes as soon as you have a couple of big cuts. It will comfortably fit 8 good sized pork butts on a shelf or 12 Racks of Ribs or 3 big briskets.

If we took out a shelf I could do around 12-15 Beer Can chickens on one level too.

We'll see how it fayres over the next few weeks.
All Weather Griller

Postby bencops » 22 Apr 2011, 22:49

Where is the fire? I cant work out how that thing runs.
bencops

Postby Steve » 22 Apr 2011, 22:55

It's in the side Ben. It's a gravity fed job, there's a charcoal chute and the fire burns at the bottom. The heat and smoke then travels through the square tube into the main chamber.

It's an absolute monster, I was down in Brighton the other day and saw John's Superiors which were big beasts. He reckons Adie's is twice as big :shock:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Barbecue Reviews