Adie's Jambo

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Adie's Jambo

Postby All Weather Griller » 09 Nov 2010, 07:42

I appreciate some of the forum members are not friends of mine on Facebook, so I have posted some pics of my new Jambo in various stages of it's evolution.

Artwork is by Stubblefields Airbrush and Design (http://Www.stubbysart.com)

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
All Weather Griller

Re: Adie's Jambo

Postby stickthekettleon » 09 Nov 2010, 20:40

Steaks all round then :lol:
When does she land?
stickthekettleon
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 09 Nov 2010, 20:47

Still no idea, as you can see by the detail, the work is very slow going. On that logo alone there was 12 colours, that 12 gun changes, not a fast process I'm afraid.
All Weather Griller

Postby All Weather Griller » 14 Nov 2010, 22:22

Cheers Al,

We have taken a new unit and the main aim was to keep the Jambo indoors. That said there will be space for sinks, worktops, fridges etc so having been asked to do a couple of weddings, leaving do's I think we'll up the game for that.

I will be doing some fundraisers for a mate of mine as he lost his Son in Afghanistan and his local pub in York try to raise at least 20k a year for Help the Heroes.

I had an interesting conversation with the RBL too recently and they have said their fund raising has really taken a blow since Help the Heroes became so popular. I foresee more charity work for the jambo than personal income, although I would be lying if I said I didn't want it to pay for itself.

How's the beast anyway? And have you plans to make a full scale stainless cooker? I saw one in Kansas, it was a bit special.

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby All Weather Griller » 03 Jan 2011, 20:35

New pics:

Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
All Weather Griller

Postby Steve » 03 Jan 2011, 20:45

It's looking amazing mate. Stubby has done a fantastic job on the paint I can't wait to see this baby in the UK. How do you fancy bringing it down for my house warming (assuming the sale from hell goes through) :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby All Weather Griller » 03 Jan 2011, 21:32

I think it's going to be on tour most of this year when it lands.

I have to take it to Ashwood Smoki Chipz, in Northhampton, Sat Baines and Tom Kerridge have asked me to take it to their restaurants in Nottingham and Marlow plus Daniel Clifford wants to have a go with it. I promised Phil I would do a BBQ for Help the Heroes at his pub in York in memory of his son and Mr Hargate would like a glimpse down in Brighton. I am certain there will be a Jambo near you ;-)

It will obviously be at all of the BBBQS events and I have been asked by my Beef Farmer to do an appearance at a pub he has just bought. I'm thinking this is going to be a busy year just on the Q front, I have to earn money too! So the two weddings we have booked should hopefully put some money back in.

I'm making the most of it not being here to be honest, I know Mr Feeney also has plans for it too. All that said, the excitement is killing me.

We need more comps Tobes LOL
All Weather Griller

Postby Steve » 03 Jan 2011, 22:57

Man you're going to be busy :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smokinjim » 04 Jan 2011, 03:32

Real sweet looking pit. Once you get it home, I don't suppose you will be bringing it back for the Jack in October? :lol: That is if Scott lets you beat him again.
smokinjim
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 04 Jan 2011, 07:37

Hey Jim,

I'm afraid it's doubtful I will be taking this out of the country again once it arrives. In fact it's doubtful that I myself will be leaving the country for contests for some time now.

There will be plenty of pics posted though, I'm sure by the Jack you'll be sick of seeing it anyway LOL.

Cheers

Adie
All Weather Griller

Next

Return to Barbecue Reviews