Frogmats - not what you think

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Frogmats - not what you think

Postby crsmoke070 » 01 Oct 2010, 17:32

I searched around to see if anybody had posted anything about frogmats and didn't find anything. We have frogmats over here to cook on. A lot of people still don't use them but if you have, you love them. They are a mesh screen made of an approved food grade material for cooking. They might not be approved in UK yet. They can be rolled for shaping fatties or flat to cook on and makes it very easy to slide food off. I use they for everything from butts, salmon to pistachios and more. I have them in multiple sizes depending on what I am cooking. You can clean them in a dishwasher or sink.

Jackie - have you come across these in your journeys?
crsmoke070
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Frogmats - not what you think

Postby joker smoker » 02 Oct 2010, 09:00

they're not silicon baking mats are they?
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Frogmats - not what you think

Postby crsmoke070 » 04 Oct 2010, 10:52

joker smoker wrote:they're not silicon baking mats are they?

They look like a woved string mesh with a coating over it. They are good for low & slow and some higher temp but not designed for direct flame.

Here is a picture of some fatties I made for a party and you can see the frogmats under it. BTW - these were my fatty creation called "Fat Chicks". It is fried onions & peppers with provolone cheese wrapped with pounded out chicken breasts. Then encased in sausage and wrapped with bacon. Fianlly dusted with my personal dry rub. Not the healthiest thing but you only need a slice.
Attachments
Fatty for Smokeout 6-26-2010.JPG
crsmoke070
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue Reviews