Cheap Pellet Storage

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Cheap Pellet Storage

Postby Chris__M » 01 Oct 2010, 10:28

I'm afraid I am a little anal about organising myself. so I wanted a to find an inexpensive way of storing pellets, rather than keep half open bags around. Not sure what the rest of you do, but I thought folk might be interested in what I found.

I cae across these being sold on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170495946458. Plastic feed buckets, with sealable lids. They contain about 28 litres, which works out at just under two standard 20lb bags of pellets. As you will see, they come in a range of 3 colours, and I have bought some of all three, in anticipation of having different types of pellets. They are also food grade, so I bought a couple more, for brining and other kitchen projects I have.

AT 5.50 a bucket, with reasonable postage, I thought it worth a punt. They have just arrived, and are nice and substantial.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Cheap Pellet Storage

Postby MadCow » 03 Oct 2010, 08:06

Nice one .... I usually use a bin !! :D Those little pellets get everywhere otherwise!! :lol:
MadCow

Return to Barbecue Reviews