Who has the oldest Weber grill?

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Re: Who has the oldest Weber grill?

Postby dronfield BBQ Ranch » 20 Jan 2012, 09:30

Have got to reply to this now, i have just cleared behind my shed which i have never done since we moved in 2004 Aug, and guess what was in the pile, YES a Weber 47cm origional on touch which, now has new dust collector, new grills, new air vent on bottom, just trying to find some handles as these are wood and rotten. I guess it's a bit like Triggers Broom (from only fools and horses) it must be 10yrs old but all parts now are new except the bowl and lid. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dronfield BBQ Ranch
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby keith157 » 22 Jan 2012, 13:45

Not somrthing you see everyday, nice workmanship, now if you know anyone who makes heavy duty custom covers for Q's n smokers..........................
keith157

Postby Titch » 10 Jun 2012, 09:18

My Weber kettle has B stamped on the vent.
B: 1980 32 years old
Given to me about 24 years ago
Still turning out good tucker.
Cheers.
Titch
Titch
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby rainorshine » 25 Jun 2012, 20:22

When I use to sell Weber's I had an old couple come in one day after accessories and while talking to them I found out they owned a Weber 57 and had had it for 30years! I was very impressed to say the least.
rainorshine
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby einrej » 12 Aug 2013, 22:05

I seen this post and I would like to tell you about my Weber.
It's not the oldest because they started in 1952. I believe it is 1955 model. It has one vents in the bowl, it has welded trusses to hold the coal and cooking grates (earlier models the grates just laid in the bowl), there is an axle between the wheels (there was no axle on earlier models).
The flatter lid with metal handle, red wheels, thumb screws on leg sockets, long stripped tread on tires, no bottom shelf/tray, I think it dates to the 1955 model year.
Thanks
E
I could not attach a photo, drop me a line and I'll send you one.

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
einrej
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Previous

Return to Barbecue Reviews