BBQ Guru PartyQ

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

BBQ Guru PartyQ

Postby MrJaba » 10 Sep 2013, 16:07

So I've had the PartyQ a while now, bought it at Grillstock earlier in the year, and I've used it about 4 times. It's a great little device and I've been super impressed with it until now when it's gone a bit wrong. Always a risk with an American product and no UK distributor but I've just had an email essentially telling me to sod off as it's out of warranty!

The device was about 30f out when compared to the calibrated Thermopen + Maverick. Then the Alligator clip has fallen off, they say it's actually melted off and are assuming that I've cooked it, but it's always been connected to the grill! And to top it off, the battery pack screw wouldn't turn any more so I couldn't change the batteries! So I've had to pry that off and now the batteries are exposed to the elements. Great.

It's a huge shame as it's a really nice little bit of kit. It held temps really well and it's nice and compact and easy to set up. Only problem has been the frankly appalling customer service. Was always a risk though, but I thought I'd try it. Like always YMMV!

overall: 4/5 for the device
customer service: 0 :(
MrJaba
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue Reviews