Meatopia

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Meatopia

Postby aris » 07 Sep 2013, 19:44

Did anyone go, and how was it?
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Meatopia

Postby Toby » 07 Sep 2013, 20:03

I have seen a few pics on facebook and i am sure some will appear on here soon! It looked pretty damn good
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aris » 07 Sep 2013, 20:44

I'm curious to know if it lived up to the hype. Unfortunately I could not make it, but if it was worthwhile and it happens again next year, I may give it a go.

In particular - was the Franlin BBQ good?
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby joker smoker » 09 Sep 2013, 10:01

Don't believe the hype regarding Franklin BBQ. Aaron's brisket is better than the hype. Possibly the 8th wonder of the world!
Meatopia was a fantastic day with lots of interesting bits of meat to sample. loads of nice people, great venue. god music . Highly recommended but not cheap. At our stand we tried to compensate for this a little bit by giving typical BBQ Shack sized portions.
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby JoeSalop » 09 Sep 2013, 14:42

A couple of us posted here;

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3371&start=10

I did appreciate the portion size at Bar-B-Q Shack, some other stands were a touch stingey with the portion control.
JoeSalop
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby joker smoker » 09 Sep 2013, 19:15

It was indeed a great opportunity to hook up with BBQ friends from around the country and indeed several from this forum. The BBQ fraternity on this fair isle could really use these opportunities to come together and sort out the differences that have fragmented our once flourishing scene. I truly hope that those involved can resolve their disagreements so that we can once again enjoy each others company under one cloud of smoke formed by many. Life is far too short to carry on the way things have this year. I don't even know if those involved will read this never mind take any notice of what I have to say but I've said it so there we are. Peace, Love and BBQ to you all. One nation under one cloud of smoke.
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby MrJaba » 10 Sep 2013, 16:20

Sounded like an incredible event. Shame I missed out, only heard about it at the last minute!
MrJaba
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby keith157 » 11 Sep 2013, 05:48

Wise words John, as usual, sadly I agree that they may never reach the ears they are intended for. Glad to see, even photographically, that you are out and about spreading the love and your depth of knowledge to all 8-) :D
keith157

Postby Nutty » 25 Feb 2014, 22:19

I went last year it was great fun. The portions were a tad on the small side, but I guess this meant you could keep sampling everything on offer. Highlight good wise was the place doing the venison bbq - I dont recall the name, the meatball place - they were just soo unbelievely tender and tasty, and Hawksmoors anchovy and deckle.

Some of the stalls were better than others, the only one I didn't manage to try was Almost Famous's burger, as by that point the queues were enormous at that stand.

Will definitely be going again this year, though the tickets seem to be going quicker this time. Early bird Saturday tickets were sold out in a couple of hours. The rest appear some point next month I believe.
Nutty
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue Reviews