chuck wagon

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Re: chuck wagon

Postby joker smoker » 12 Jul 2010, 21:45

Just struck lucky at the scrap yard with this firebox Steve... It would be a crime not to have a go especially as the insulated cabinet for the Traeger is looking so good and been built by my business partner's dad without any labour costs
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Steve » 12 Jul 2010, 22:04

I have promised wifey, I'll save for our new house before buying any more BBQ equipment. But once we have the place I'm looking to buy a Spicewine or build something similar here in the UK.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby joker smoker » 12 Jul 2010, 22:49

I paid £30 for the firebox...if I see another one I'll give you a shout....I have my scouts in the scrapyard every day
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby All Weather Griller » 13 Jul 2010, 06:26

Likewise John, good to hear you are all very busy. It sounds very much to me that you have a little pitmaster factory going down there.

I know what you mean about the forum being a bit quiet... I reckon that the weather is to blame, members are out BBQ'ing not talking about BBQ'ing. Either that or they have migrated to facebook, to be honest I am a bit guilty of that.

I am curious to see what you turn up with over the next few comps, it sounds like you are investing heavily into R&D, I betting your oxy acetylene skills are up there with your Q'ing skills by now.

See you next week,
All Weather Griller

Postby joker smoker » 27 Nov 2010, 18:19

I've now moved this big ol' beast to my local pub where we've given it a couple of burn outs ready for the first cook tomorrow..... :D
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Previous

Return to Barbecue Reviews