chuck wagon

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

chuck wagon

Postby joker smoker » 04 Jul 2010, 12:34

my new smoker bought from ebay .....http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: chuck wagon

Postby esselle » 04 Jul 2010, 19:52

Is she coming to play in Tongham? You can sell me one of your others now ;)
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby All Weather Griller » 04 Jul 2010, 20:00

Looking good John, I like your style! Does this mean there will be a few less smokers on your cook site or is this an addition?
All Weather Griller

Postby joker smoker » 04 Jul 2010, 20:59

I won't be bringing this to Tongham as [1] its too heavy and [2] I needto learn to cook in it. I do hope to bring it to the Rudgwick Steam Fair as it's appearance is fitting to the event. It looks and feels great and I'm definitely looking forward to getting to cook on it.
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Steve » 04 Jul 2010, 21:03

Great looking cooker John. What's the gauge on the steel there?

Can't wait to see that baby in action.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby joker smoker » 04 Jul 2010, 21:22

Hi Steve, it's 1/4" or 6mm. 700lb in weight.
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Steve » 04 Jul 2010, 21:57

Wow!!!

That's some serious steel, I assume it's 1/4" all over including firebox, I've seen some offsets using 1/2" for the firebox but that sounds like overkill to me.

You've got some serious cooking capacity there as well as something that's a nice show piece too. Hope you can bring it to Rudgewick.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby All Weather Griller » 12 Jul 2010, 20:37

Now then CJ how's this new smoker working out?

Hope you're well and life is good, we miss you when you're quiet you know!!!
All Weather Griller

Postby joker smoker » 12 Jul 2010, 21:36

Hi Adie, Unfortunately I haven't had chance to use it yet cause BBQ Shack has been crazy busy since day 1. Everybody on the forum seems to have been a little quiet for a while . I have 2 other little projects on the go though. I've just had an insulated double walled smoker chamber built to be fed by one of my Traeger hoppers... sort of FrankenTraeger so we'll see how that works and I found a 1/4" firebox, about 24" cube in the scrap yard onto which we'll build a vertical smoking chamber , again double walled a bit like the Spicewines..I have a few new cooking philosophies which I'm trying to verify so all in all I'm eating, sleeping and dreaming BBQ 24/7 at the moment. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing you all on the Friday of the comp. now as I've been training staff up intesively at the Shack for the last 3 weeks. Miss you all. Regards to the family .CJ
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Steve » 12 Jul 2010, 21:39

John's back!!!!!!

You have me intrigued with these spicewine-style cookers you're building. We will have to talk some more at the comp in a couple of weeks.

Glad the Shack is going well. I must get my lazy arse to Brighton soon to check out your operation.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Barbecue Reviews