BBQ Trailer

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

BBQ Trailer

Postby All Weather Griller » 24 Mar 2010, 18:06

Hi Guys,

I know this is not technically a "Q" but it is related to the BBQ Passion that is currently overwhelming me.

Having Q'd in the BBBQS Circuit last year (09) and been more enthused by being invited to the American Royal 30th Annual Comp in Kansas I was amazed by some of the kit the guys over there use. Especially having been invited into Rod's Trailer from Pellet Envy.

I know, I know this is nothing like the scale that those guys have but in Dec 09 I bought a trailer with intention of using it just for storage and carting things around and to help out with BBBQS sanctioned cook at the Turbine in Worksop. Anyway with thanks to lots of people not least my suffering wife and my son for helping me, this weekend we managed to get it into a state that was a bit more BBQ friendly (Basic lighting and electric).

Having tentatively asked a local Kitchen Manufacturer Gateford Mill Kitchens for a quote on some custom depth cabinets, I was amazed when they said they will sponsor the Bite the Bullet BBQ Team in the form of a bespoke kitchen including fitting and even the kitchen sink.

Anyway I have babbled on now for far too long. Here are some pics of the said trailer with only a floor and wall covering now needed.

http://s280.photobucket.com/home/weberm ... =slideshow

I would like to offer a special thanks to all our 2010 Season Sponsors with a bit of impromptu and shameless plugging:

Our branded merchandise is provided by http://www.gostickit.co.uk, Printed, Personalised & Promotional Products with No Minimum Order & Fast Turnaround.

Our smoking woods and chips are provided by Smoki-Chipz Easy Smoke courtesy of Ashwood Smoking Chips,

ASHWOOD SMOKING CHIPS LTD
Tel: 01536416697

Our BBQ Equipment is supported by WOWBBQ http://www.wowbbq.co.uk you can obtain a further 4% saving on any purchase by using this code: BTBT at the online checkout

Our BBQ Trailer requirements have been met by Gateford Mill Kitchens http://www.gatefordmillkitchens.co.uk

Enjoy the pics and we look forward to seeing you all at the BBBQS competitions this year. We have made some fantastic and hopefully life long friends through Q and this society, I hope to make many more and for you to have just as much fun as we have.
All Weather Griller

Re: BBQ Trailer

Postby Steve » 24 Mar 2010, 22:06

Green with envy :mrgreen:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby All Weather Griller » 26 Mar 2010, 18:55

OK here are the last pics I'm gonna post of the trailer. I'm sure your bored of it now.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
All Weather Griller

Postby All Weather Griller » 27 Mar 2010, 16:20

Thanks Al,

You should maximise on your successes when YOU pitch. You were Grand Champion 2008 and 2009, take your press clippings into the places you are looking at for sponsorship and let them know that wherever possible you will plug their businesses.

I'm not sure how it would work if you are looking for sponsorship to generate revenue for your catering business I suppose it depends on the brands that you are looking at.

I know Andy Annat is extremely successful on the sponsorship front he may be a good place to turn for advice. My agreements are pretty local and the deals are by no means insignificant but by no means global! They are more relationships of convenience and perhaps that is the way forward.

I will be sporting their details at events on our T-Shirts, Banners and Hopefully side of the trailer, just waiting to find out if the existing finish on the trailer is useable.
All Weather Griller

Return to Barbecue Reviews