One touch or premium weber?

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

One touch or premium weber?

Postby Pinky » 26 Aug 2011, 21:46

Hello all,

I'm thinking of getting a new weber, and was just wanting to see if it's worth the extra £50ish in getting the 57cm weber premium over the one touch?

Your views would be gratefully received!!
Pinky
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: One touch or premium weber?

Postby Chris__M » 26 Aug 2011, 22:48

I have an old Weber One Touch Premium, and I think it is worth it. It makes cleanup a doddle, simply sweep the ashes through the vents into the ashpan, then remove and empty.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby wade » 27 Aug 2011, 08:11

Hi Pinky

I use both and although I agree with Chris about the ease of cleaning up with the Premium - I have never had a problem with the original One Touch. They both do an excellent job cooking.
If you are looking for a new one have you considere the One Touch Premium 67cm? It has a massive cooking area and is very well made - more stainless steel parts. It is a bit pricy though but it is very flexible and I think was worth it.
wade
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby JEC » 28 Aug 2011, 10:44

The extra £50 for the premium is worth it as you also get a hinged grate so you can easily add more charcoal during a cook and also get 2 charcoal baskets which are useful
JEC

Postby Riverrat » 28 Aug 2011, 21:17

The hinged grate could come in very useful if you want to cook long and slow, I have cooked for seven hours on my OTS without adding extra charcoal but a top up might have been useful. Does the Premium come with a thermometer in the lid in the UK? I am in the camp that some idea about the temps you are running at is essential - my OTS was modded with a cheap replacement thermometer which is invaluable. Kinda feel that the extra money spent at the start will work out cheaper in the longer run, lets face it, a Weber will not have rusted away in a couple of years it will be with you for some time.
Riverrat
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Chris__M » 28 Aug 2011, 22:51

I'd forgotten that the hinged grate was a "premium/gold" option. I don't know where I would have been without mine.

My one didn't have a thermometer, or even a hole for one, but it is a few years old; I don't know whether that is still the case. I used to stick one through the vents until I bought a remote probe.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Curlie028 » 03 Sep 2011, 10:21

Have the end of season deals started yet on the 57cm premium?
Curlie028
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue Reviews