Turn your Weber kettle into a Pizza oven

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Turn your Weber kettle into a Pizza oven

Postby Swindon_Ed » 22 Aug 2011, 08:34

Not sure if any of you guys have seen this yet but they've been floating around on ebay for a while now and from the reviews I've seen on them they appear to be quite good.

http://kettlepizza.com/

I'll be looking to get one ordered after Rudgewick and will let you know how I get on with it, although if anyone's already got one I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it.
Swindon_Ed

Re: Turn your Weber kettle into a Pizza oven

Postby Chris__M » 22 Aug 2011, 10:21

It certainly looks good, and I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it, but I think they exagerate the problem somewhat.

Before I moved onto my Traeger, I have cooked dozens of pizzas in my Weber without problems, simply using a pizza stone.

Note on their how-it-works page, how the "problem" picture has the charcoal grate covered on coals, where on the KettlePizza pictures, the charcoal is arranged in a C-shape, and is not directly underneath the pizza. Hardly a fair test.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Turn your Weber kettle into a Pizza oven

Postby wade » 29 Aug 2011, 13:25

Earlier this year I made one of these in stainless based upon the design specs on their web site. To be honest I didnt find it improved the pizza cooking significantly over just using the standard Weber lid. How the charcoal was arranged though did make a big difference.
wade
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue Reviews