Thermapen On Ebay

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Thermapen On Ebay

Postby CrownBowler » 03 Aug 2011, 19:27

Hi, I have lurked and read on this forum :D but not contributed to date. I am not sure if this is the correct place to post it but Thermapen's are available for £28.80 incl. of postage direct from etiltd on ebay. They are factory refurbished and come with a 1 year warranty. I received one today looks new to me. Really fast delivery and well packed. I am not connected with them but thought people may be interested.
CrownBowler
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Thermapen On Ebay

Postby JEC » 03 Aug 2011, 19:48

Excellent, I'll be picking one of these up from eBay
JEC

Postby Neggy » 03 Aug 2011, 20:11

Thanks have gone for one, was going to order a new one tomorrow.
Neggy
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Chris__M » 06 Aug 2011, 16:10

This may be stating the obvious to some, but if it helps one person, it's worth it.

Finally decided to pick up one of these, to replace my Weber, which is C only. I had a vague recollection that some early models of the Thermapen didn't let you switch, so I checked their website for this model. Once I confirmed that it was switchable, I ordered from eBay - I bought two in the end, one red, one pink.

Arrived today, turned it on, and it was in C. No problem, checked the instructions for how to switch it, and there was nothing to be seen. No mention of it anywhere.

In the instructions, it did make mention of "Switch 1", which it said was "unused". I tried flicking that, and hey presto, F, and I am happy bunny after all.

Strange that the instructions said that Switch 1 was unused - anyone know why? Could it be something to do with the calibration being in C, so F is unsupported?
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby British BBQ Society » 06 Aug 2011, 19:52

Its purely to do with their distributor in the states, which is why its only advertised as supporting C. the models are identical.
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris__M » 06 Aug 2011, 20:00

Ah, I see. On their website, they do mention it, though: "However the instrument can be switched to 1°C resolution by the user, if required, via a switch in the battery compartment, this also applies if °F is required."

Anyway, I am more than happy. Thanks to original poster for the tip!
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Barbecue Reviews