Grillstream 360

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Re: Grillstream 360

Postby JEC » 29 Jul 2011, 05:45

Nice review Al, not that you'd be aiming for it with a sausage but did it leave any grill marks? I spotted this at Grillstock but didn't get a chance to ask any questions.
JEC

Postby Chris__M » 29 Jul 2011, 17:29

Due you happen to know if they do any other "replacement" grids, other than the 360 (i.e. a rectangular grid?) I checked their website, which gave no guide to where any of their products could be purchased; and from a google, it seems that other than the 360, their technology is licensed to grill manufacture - the only way you can buy a rectangular grid is with a gas grill, it appears.

This seems strange to me, and I am hoping I am wrong.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby JEC » 29 Jul 2011, 18:04

DrSweetsmoke wrote:Yes it did but not as you would usually see them rather two thin lines rather than one bold. I'll be doing a mass amount of chicken tomorrow morning on it for a wedding. Most will be going in the Meat Beast due to it's capacity but it's another opportunity to put the Grilstream360 through it's paces. 8-)

I am really enjoying this unit.

OK so more about health and flare ups than Steven Raichlen killer grill marks then, I've been debating the new Weber Gourmet Grill Grate system with the cast iron insert, maybe that's better suited
JEC

Postby Chris__M » 29 Jul 2011, 18:50

JEC wrote:
DrSweetsmoke wrote:Yes it did but not as you would usually see them rather two thin lines rather than one bold. I'll be doing a mass amount of chicken tomorrow morning on it for a wedding. Most will be going in the Meat Beast due to it's capacity but it's another opportunity to put the Grilstream360 through it's paces. 8-)

I am really enjoying this unit.

OK so more about health and flare ups than Steven Raichlen killer grill marks then, I've been debating the new Weber Gourmet Grill Grate system with the cast iron insert, maybe that's better suited

Before you go for that, take a look at

http://www.cast-iron-grate.com/

and specifically (for your Weber)

http://www.cast-iron-grate.com/grates-f ... c-9_1.html

As you will see, they are full width cast iron, not just a small insert in the middle.

I don't own one, but I have seen one in use, and it was very neat. There were also additional items like griddles and beercan chicken inserts, but I don't see those on the website. However, you can see them on the German website http://www.gussroste.de/

I'm nothing to do with either company.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby JEC » 29 Jul 2011, 19:53

Thanks Chris I'd seen this before but my google search only threw up US sites that didn't ship to the UK, this site claims to have a UK warehouse!! Will definitely go for this one, thanks
JEC

Postby RobinC » 31 Jul 2011, 20:21

JEC wrote:Thanks Chris I'd seen this before but my google search only threw up US sites that didn't ship to the UK, this site claims to have a UK warehouse!! Will definitely go for this one, thanks

I've got a set of these grates and use them regularly when doing steaks. I've also got the gourmet system but haven't really bothered with the sear grate though I do like the wok. The grates on the gourmet system are also slightly thicker than the standard weber so you get better sear marks off them though obviously not as good as cast iron
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Barbecue Reviews