Looftlighter

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Looftlighter

Postby JEC » 15 Jul 2011, 19:30

Anyone tried or have a looftlighter, electric charcoal lighter, Amazon link below, came across it on YouTube when looking at BGE videos, did a quick search on here and only came up with one thread that had mentioned it in passing

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Looftlighter-Electric-Barbeque-Stove-Lighter/dp/B002621SYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310757850&sr=8-1

Not sure if it's any good or how it works compares to a propane lighter but might work well for lighting a small amount of charcoal when using the minion method
JEC

Re: Looftlighter

Postby All Weather Griller » 16 Jul 2011, 09:57

I have had one a couple of years back and loved it:

It was great for home but not too practical for competitions and then eventually I just found that a Quick Fire2 was much faster and easier than trailing out the cable and extension when I wanted to fire up.

Eventually though it did just stop working, I have no idea why but it may well have been an early model and perhaps the newer variants are more robust.

I great gadget and cool as a present, I don't think I would buy one again though. Especially as the first one I bought was £34.99 and the price is now £49.95
All Weather Griller

Return to Barbecue Reviews