Trailer Smokers

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Re: Trailer Smokers

Postby Swindon_Ed » 22 Jun 2011, 15:30

Maybe look for one you can cook a whole hog on aswell.
Swindon_Ed

Postby British BBQ Society » 22 Jun 2011, 15:46

Everytime i cater i offer Pulled pork from the smoker, this allows you to get the bulk ready before the event then have a grill (or in my case traeger) going for the obligatory bugers and sausages. I will be looking for a rig that can do everything, the smoker for a show and finishing off and a decent size grill for everything else.

It will always be a hard sell on smoked products until people understand the difference between fast and slow food, even with pulled pork every other person will ask if you have any crackling!!

My first job was for a scouts funday, we offered ribs and pork, fortunately i took some burgers otherwise it would have been a very difficult day!
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dronfield BBQ Ranch » 17 Jul 2011, 19:47

did any of you guys get any further on this?

Would love to see end result :?:
dronfield BBQ Ranch
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby From The Sauce » 08 Apr 2012, 06:05

I know The Flame Pit have just had a new trailer made and it looks awesome (@yeatsy) on twitter. He had it built in the UK and it took about 4 weeks.
We are currently building our own based on Gator pits Texas renegade, although we are putting 2 Santa Maria grills, a sink, a gas ring and a fridge down the one side as opposed to another horizontal smoke chamber. I am not sure there is really the market for these in the UK. I believe Europe as greater potential but the market penetration costs are just too high to consider making a new business from it. On the other hand this fits nicely along side the auto/ aero and defence work we do so can make them as ongoing projects.
I will post some pics when it starts taking shape but for the time bring you can see the horozontal chamber being rolled here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5S5ytcX ... ata_player
From The Sauce
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 08 Apr 2012, 06:25

I could watch that all day, what a great little vid, Cheers
All Weather Griller

Postby From The Sauce » 08 Apr 2012, 06:49

Cheers Aidie
I will post more as it goes on hopefully the next 3 weeks should see major progress.
From The Sauce
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Barbecue Reviews