Daisy mays bbq 11th avenue NewYork

A forum for reviews of bbq restaurants. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

Daisy mays bbq 11th avenue NewYork

Postby beercan » 31 May 2014, 11:03

Just had to visit this place as it was the first opened by Adam Perry Lang so the expectations were high.
This really is an original bbq joint so certainly no frills to be found there and strictly all about the food.
Ordering is self service and surprisingly they also do take away as well.

Now for the important part the food itself and have to say amazing in fact the hardest part was deciding what to have.
We went as a party of four at lunchtime so managed to get a good selection to try between us my own focus having to be ribs so a half rack of Memphis dry rub and half of sticky ribs were ordered and of course mac and cheese.
Damn they were good very tender not heavily smoked and way to easy to eat with the dry ribs winning for me.
The other guys went for pulled pork which again was amazing and also a pulled chicken with a Jack Daniels sauce ( my fav out of the two but I'm biased I'd have JD on my corn flakes )

All in all a must do experience if your there just be prepared that it is pretty rough and ready inside and that it is all about the food .
beercan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Restaurant Reviews