Pitt Cue Co - Va Va Voom

A forum for reviews of bbq restaurants. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

Re: Pitt Cue Co - Va Va Voom

Postby Big_Fat_Dan » 05 Mar 2012, 11:53

chokethechicken wrote:
Big_Fat_Dan wrote:
I've booked up to go to the Tower Hill one this Saturday, have you ever been there Choke?

Hi Dan,

I have only ever visited the Soho branch since they opened.

We tried to book there but was fully booked.

Going for a all day american theme, first bowling at All Star Lanes, then BBQ at bodeans, then to the LA dive bar Slim Jim's Liquor Store, can't wait.
Big_Fat_Dan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby chokethechicken » 11 Mar 2012, 16:04

Here's a pic of the rather small brisket bun.

Very nice but just not enough meat and too small. It was cold as well - they just forgot I was standing there waiting for it. :cry:
chokethechicken
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby ConorD » 26 Feb 2013, 18:21

Went today for the second time and loved it. I had the pulled pork and my mate had the beef ribs, both with the green chili slaw (which I could have eaten a bucket of);

ImageImage

The smell hits you the minute you walk in as they cook onsite (unlike places like Bodeans who have a central kitchen) and you can see the passion for the Q in everything that they do. A simple menu but every element is perfected, right down to the sweet pickle which just adds another dimension to each bite.

The other thing I like is that the meat stands on it's own and, although I could do shots of their BBQ sauce, both the beef and pork flavours were defined.

Definitely going back and trying their great looking choice of extra's next time.
ConorD
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby ConorD » 20 Jun 2014, 11:01

Love this place, it never lets me down when I bring people. Went again with two customers and we all have the same feather steak with bone marrow mash and green chilli slaw (perfectly cut through the fat). Yet again very friendly service with delicious freshly made lemonade and even sat on the bench outside in the sun.

ImageImageImage
ConorD
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Previous

Return to Restaurant Reviews