Lifes A Peach

A place for all your seasonings and sauces.

Lifes A Peach

Postby gazz_46 » 14 Feb 2013, 17:31

Hi

Have been busy smoking a lot of chillies of late all supplied by the wonderful people at edible ornamentals and needed to start using them up so came up with a vinegar based Peach & Chipotle chilli bbq sauce that i never got round to posting, its still a work in progress trying to refine so no details on specific ingredients yet but mainly consists of:

Apple cider vinegar
Onions
Black garlic
Ginger
Bell peppers
Remiro peppers
Home smoked Habenero
Home smoked Jalepeno (chipotle)
Home smoked Serenade chillies
Peaches
Lime
Sugar
Salt
Herbs
Spices
Tom paste
Hours of love and attention

Nice sweet tang, thick consistency, little hint of heat but not too hot considering the chillies that went into it even the wife likes it and she hates chilli heat with a passion. Dynamite on ribs, chicken and pulled pork. Goes especially well in a pulled pork toasted sandwich or rib roll with super hot sauce as shown below.....

Any handy hints and tips gratefully acknowledged
gazz_46
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Re: Lifes A Peach

Postby MrJaba » 14 Feb 2013, 19:19

Nice! Sounds amazing :) I've been meaning to ask on here if it's possible to make chipotles, is it hard? What's the process?
MrJaba
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby aris » 14 Feb 2013, 20:46

My kind of recipe. No ketchup in sight :-)
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby derekmiller » 15 Feb 2013, 09:44

Get that table layed up Gazz.
I am on my way round... :lol: ;)

In fact if FCC are still having problems tonight, I might have to get off at Arlesey. :roll:
derekmiller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby gazz_46 » 24 Feb 2013, 15:11

MrJaba wrote:Nice! Sounds amazing :) I've been meaning to ask on here if it's possible to make chipotles, is it hard? What's the process?

Sorry for late reply, busy boy at the moment :-)

Not quite sure wot the accepted or true process is just gave it a go,
Got me a couple kilos of jalapeño fresh off the vine from Jo & Shaun at edibles, gave em a quick wash and dried excess with kitchen paper. Took the stalks off, split them lengthways then smoked over apple and hickory wood chunck on the wsm at 160f for 11 hrs then a couple of hrs btw 170 - 180f to finish as they were not fully dry & i was impatient next batch will stay at lower temp until done which I reckon would be around 16hrs...gulp!

Didn't deseed or remove any of the flesh coz I like em hot but up to you how u do them, they do retain heat but have a nice smokey flavour. Once cooled I decided I would package some whole to add to one pot dishes and the rest were made into flakes / powder.

Worked so well I did a kilo each of Seranade & Habenero aswell then experimented with blends of all 3 till I got the taste and heat I wanted to go in the sauce

The misses thinks I'm nuts coz I am adding them to anything and everything ;-)
gazz_46
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby MrJaba » 25 Feb 2013, 06:37

Sounds awesome! Thanks for the detailed instructions :) going to have to give it a go myself I think :)
MrJaba
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Rubs, Marinades & Sauces