Fiery Food Festival Brighton

If you have been to a barbecue event and have some great pictures feel free to post them here!

Fiery Food Festival Brighton

Postby Toby » 17 Sep 2012, 09:12

Just got back from the Fiery Food Festival in Brighton, a cracking weekend and a great way to finish the season. We ran Ready Steady Q on Saturday and Sunday and i also organised the cooking demonstrations which covered multiple cuisines.
Big thanks to John at Bar B Q Shack for sorting out the food vending.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fiery Food Festival Brighton

Postby keith157 » 17 Sep 2012, 11:15

It was a great day (we went Saturday) I'll post some pics when I get time.
keith157

Postby keith157 » 19 Sep 2012, 11:01

A few more pictures;-

Image Image

Ed at work and play, althouh he says it's work :D

Image Image

And of course it could never have happened without Toby.......cheers for a great day mate 8-)

It pays to be local (and cook darn good food ;) )

Image Image
keith157

Postby aris » 19 Sep 2012, 13:04

Buttery, Buttery, Buttery biscuit base. Did anyone break out into song with Gregg Wallace?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfeyUGZt8nk
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby keith157 » 19 Sep 2012, 13:34

aris wrote:Buttery, Buttery, Buttery biscuit base. Did anyone break out into song with Gregg Wallace?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfeyUGZt8nk

Sadly yes there were about 6 different people who shouted it out and thought they were "original" and were the only ones who knew of it. Gregg reckons he gets 10 or so tweets per day asking him if he'd heard it :o . It went into the download charts apparantly and the money all went to underpriviliged children. He also said he gets 5-10 photos of bald men with glasses who are his "spitting image" a half a dozen or so other sad people sending him pictures of their dinner and asking him to rate it. No-one bothered to ask him if "bbq got any tougher then this".
He was there to do filming and sound-bites about British Barbeque for a Science program due for release in the Spring on BBC.
keith157

Postby aris » 19 Sep 2012, 20:47

I hope he was good humoured about it all :-) The price of fame.......
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby keith157 » 20 Sep 2012, 06:24

Yes very, which is why he told us those annecdotes. I can't say the same for at least one "older gent" asked me (demanded an answer more like) as to what the F we were selling that was so F'ing wonderful and how much Gregg F'ing Wallace was F'ing making out of it. When the RSQ was explained he then set out to find Greggs' F'ing Ferrari, which obviously would be parked either on double yellow lines or illegally in a disabled bay.

As you said the price of "fame" :lol:
keith157

Postby aris » 20 Sep 2012, 07:27

I recall seeing a kids' show on TV recently where Gregg Wallace was on - and he did actually interject at one point "Buttery Biscuit Base" - and with a big smile on his face. When the video first came out on YouTube a couple of years ago, my kids loved it. If there is one thing that kids with identify with Gregg - it's that video.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby keith157 » 20 Sep 2012, 15:09

He never got quite that level of fame/noteriety as a greengrocer , allbeit "to the stars" :lol: He came across as a decent chap, we'll just have to see what his slant is on the program. Bearing in mind he wanted to throw BBQs into Room 101, and based on his description so would I
keith157

Return to Barbecue Gallery