Our first bread on the Kamado Joe

Got a recipe for a killer 'Slaw or some hearty BBQ beans? Maybe you make some killer ABT's or something more inventive. This is the place to post your recipes.

Our first bread on the Kamado Joe

Postby KamadoSimon » 16 Apr 2012, 08:07

Decided to try & bake some bread on the Kamado Joe last night to go with our sea bass.

Standard white bread dough (mixed with a bread maker) & left to prove for a good few hours. Got the KJ up to 650F with the heat deflector & pizza stone in. Sprinkled some course polenta flour on the pizza stone so the dough didn't stick & cooked it like this for 10 minutes before testing. In the end it had about 18 minutes. It was delicious with olive oil & sea salt sprinkled on. Definitely a success & will do it again - maybe with some more adventurous ingredients in the bread.

I did pop some oak chips in some foil to give a bit more of a wood oven flavour - not sure that really came through as strong as I would like though. So need to think how I would change that part of it next time - I think some bigger chunks of wood burning longer before I put the bread on would do it.

Some piccys:

The bread dough after proving:

The bread after baking on the KJ:
KamadoSimon
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Our first bread on the Kamado Joe

Postby BigM » 16 Apr 2012, 09:46

very versatile the Ceramics are goin to try my hand at Soda bread
maybe at weekend. or Do some Yorkshire Pubbings, a gread mod for
the People who make these things maybe is to add a Glass view port
in dome so ya dont have to open them up.
BigM
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Sides