BBQ Spider Crab

Feeling fishy? Post your fish dishes here.

BBQ Spider Crab

Postby Minesamojito » 19 Apr 2012, 05:00

These BBQ Spider Crab look like they are from another world, but oh my, they taste out of this world!

Go and have a chat with your fishmonger to get some of these prized crustaceans, they're not difficult to get hold of if you ask for them, as most of them head to France and Spain from our shores, can't believe it really.

I brushed them with butter, chilli, garlic, coriander and lime. Chucked them on the base of my Frontier. Popped the lid on with a few beech chips. 10 minutes cooking.

Enjoy!
Cheers
Marcus
Minesamojito
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: BBQ Spider Crab

Postby JEC » 19 Apr 2012, 05:21

Excellent post again Marcus, so good seeing different stuff being cooked. I'll be round for dinner on Sunday, we are almost neighbours after all ;)
JEC

Postby keith157 » 19 Apr 2012, 05:31

Fishmonger????? We have fishcounters at supermarkets is that the same thing? Oh no, wait we have a chippie, but they don't do crab....
Only joking, I just wish I wasn't there are not so many wet fish shops around these days. 1 opened recently 5 minutes away from us, great if you want talapia, or other exotica or bulk rice and they couldn't get clams for me!!! The food taster loves crab, never thought to BBQ it so might give it a go, consider it brain cells stimulated.

Thanks Marcus
keith157

Postby Steve » 19 Apr 2012, 05:53

Great photo mate, Sigourney Weaver would be proud (Alien reference for anyone who didn't get it).

I've not eaten spider crab in a long time, I'm not sure I've ever eaten it in the uk. What's it like on the price front? We're fortunate enough to have a proper fishmonger in reading so I know I could get hold of one.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keith157 » 19 Apr 2012, 08:20

Steve wrote:Great photo mate, Sigourney Weaver would be proud (Alien reference for anyone who didn't get it).

I've not eaten spider crab in a long time, I'm not sure I've ever eaten it in the uk. What's it like on the price front? We're fortunate enough to have a proper fishmonger in reading so I know I could get hold of one.

If you do get one/some let me know, my daughter's beau is in Reading so we could have a great weekend :D
keith157

Postby Steve » 19 Apr 2012, 09:04

Will do Keith, I'm sure I'll be able to get some from Smelly Alley.

However it may be a while, I'm full up doing competition work in preparation for the season. I've also just signed up to cook in Reading's second annual chilli cook off so I need to squeeze some chilli practice in as well :D
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keith157 » 19 Apr 2012, 09:48

No sweat, well not with the crab, doubtless bucketloads with some of those chillis :D
keith157

Postby Minesamojito » 19 Apr 2012, 14:53

Cheers guys, was 11quid for these 2 beauties about 5 quid a kg.
Definitely agree on the alien references
Cheers
Marcus
Minesamojito
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby London Irish » 16 Aug 2012, 22:22

Marcus,

I've prepped and eaten God knows how many brown crabs but only eaten spiders, do you prep them in the same way?

John
London Irish
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Verminskti » 17 Aug 2012, 19:12

Steve wrote:Will do Keith, I'm sure I'll be able to get some from Smelly Alley.

However it may be a while, I'm full up doing competition work in preparation for the season. I've also just signed up to cook in Reading's second annual chilli cook off so I need to squeeze some chilli practice in as well :D

There's a chilli cook off?
Verminskti
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Next

Return to Fish