Mayhem in May Fatty Competition

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Mayhem in May Fatty Competition

Postby Steve » 10 May 2011, 14:23

Hi all, MiM competitors,

In another thread, the idea was raised of having a fatty competition as an extra category. Now anyone who’s been to one of these events before will understand that Toby is far too busy to arrange yet another category but he has said he doesn’t mind if we have a fatty competition arranged between ourselves.

So I’m going to suggest the following…

• The fatty competition is open to all teams but will be judged on Saturday at 11am.
  • Entry is one alcoholic beverage, can/bottle of beer, bottle of wine, bottle of a spirit (can be a miniature bottle). There will be one winner who will take all the booze.
  • Judging will be done by peers, every entrant gets one vote (you can’t vote for your own though), we’ll all sit down together and sample each fatty, then vote for the one we like the most. In the event of a tie, those who’s fatties aren’t involved will vote for their favorite of those involved in the tie.
  • Judging will be open, this is nothing serious, just a bit of fun.
  • To make it easy, your fatty can be prepared and assembled off site, but it must be cooked onsite. You can be as creative as you like with ingredients.
  • Presentation is easy, no parsley beds, just serve your fatty up on its own, on a plate or board. It is fine to bring your fatty to the table whole, then slice it for the judges at the table (it stays warm this way). Any fatty that looks undercooked won’t be tasted unless its core temperature is verified.

Like I say this is just a bit of fun and brunch for Saturday morning. Once judging is done we can just share out the fatties amongst everyone there.

So, who's up for it?
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mayhem in May Fatty Competition

Postby MrBlue » 10 May 2011, 15:58

Waaaahhoooooo!!!!! What a BEAUTY........count us in Steve! :D

Already working on it! ;)
MrBlue
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Yeti » 11 May 2011, 18:41

Sounds good! but not sure we will be up at 11am??
Yeti
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Smokin Mark » 12 May 2011, 22:23

Hi,

Not visited the site for a few weeks and now notice lots of posts about the Mayhem in May.
Cannot find any details of date and location. :cry:
Could someone let me know as I it sound like fun and I'd like to visit.

Mark
Smokin Mark
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby British BBQ Society » 13 May 2011, 08:44

Hi Mark, I am afraid the May comp is only open to competitors and their families. The May comp allows new teams to have a go at competition BBQ without the pressure of the public, The biggest BBQ event this year is our national final which is held at Rudgwick Steam and country show. Live music, over 1,000 stands, funfair and the finals for http://www.PitMasters.co.uk http://www.ReadySteadyQ.co.uk and Kids Q. For info on Rudgwick you can visit here http://www.rudgwicksteamshow.co.uk/
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MrBlue » 24 May 2011, 20:40

So.............it looks like Royal Q vs Bare N Blue then!!!!!! .................or are there any lurking secret participants out there?? 8-)
MrBlue
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby joker smoker » 26 May 2011, 23:33

maybe :D
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events