First event - any advice ?

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

First event - any advice ?

Postby amishboy » 06 May 2014, 12:51

Hi All, Myself and friends have entered a team for all of ours first competition (Drum & Baste Grassroots) at the end of the month. I know it says everything is provided except tent but is there anything extra that makes life easier, what about food & drink to eat whilst there, is there power at the cooking areas, do we need lighting for night, first aid kit, our own gloves for handling food, cooler box, charcoal, wood etc etc. I checked the pitmasters competition guide and that lists quite a lot of items, I'm assuming this is all for a full, non grassroots, type event but just want to be sure we are not missing something. Based on others experience I just wondered if anyone has any advice and guidance for a new teams first event.
amishboy
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: First event - any advice ?

Postby Toby » 06 May 2014, 17:34

Hiya, I will break it down for you.
I generally organise food for both evenings, with rolls for the day and there are drinks available.
There is power however it is for low energy use due to tripping out.
Lights are provided but bring a torch
We have a central first aid kit, just come and see one of the reps if you have a problem.
We provide disposable glove, a cambro for cooling then holding your food.
Charcoal is provided by our sponsor heatbeads and we have wood onsite

We also provide smoker,gazebo, chopping boards, knives, wipes, kitchen roll, meat, parsley, rubs and sauces if you need them.

It really is an all inclusive setup. We are actually preparing the boxes now for drum and baste.
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby amishboy » 07 May 2014, 09:01

wow great stuff, this is sounding better all the time. :D
amishboy
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby keith157 » 07 May 2014, 10:51

Bring asprin or an energy drink for the saturday morning as well!! It has been known for an occasional cocktail and sundowner to be consumed.
keith157

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events