Grassroots Shake & Sauce on the 24th & 25th May

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Grassroots Shake & Sauce on the 24th & 25th May

Postby Toby » 06 May 2014, 09:10

They say variation is the spice of life and I am never one to shy away from a challenge. As well as a full blown comp, UDS Build Class and UDS Grassroots comp class at drum and baste I have decided to run our standard grassroots shake and sauce package (helps having a new delivery of gazebos to house trainee teams!!!)

The Grassroots package is for teams of upto 4. We will be running a prep and trim class on the Saturday beginning at 10am, running through each of the 4 main categories. Not only will this cover trimming, rubbing and saucing but we will be providing crib sheets to help each team with their cook over night.

Each team will be allocated a covered space including, tables, chairs, chopping boards, knives, smoker, etc all you will need to bring is your tent and as the title suggests Rubs and Sauces if you have them, we have a stash on site that you will be given access to should you need them. Each team (including those teams made up of individuals) will be given a competition meat box to trim, rub and cook themselves for the competition. Throughout the weekend you will have unlimited access to experienced cooks to ask questions and help with any situations that may arise.

The most important thing to remember is this is supposed to be fun, learn, but relax and enjoy the experience!! Having said that, if you have a competitive streak its good to know that grassroots teams in August took Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion against some of the countries best teams!!!

To book a place please visit http://pitmasters.co.uk/team-entry/

I will post some pics from this weekends comp a bit later when i have caught up!
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Grassroots Shake & Sauce on the 24th & 25th May

Postby Stubbarama » 29 Dec 2014, 12:40

Hi, are there any plans to hold a Grassroots Shake & Sauce in 2015? Would like to attend a comp but not at any level to enter a pro one yet.

Thanks

Tony
Stubbarama
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Alan (H+T) » 07 Jan 2015, 17:24

Hi Tony

As far as I am aware the plan is that there will be some competitions organised later in the year.

It will be a case of keeping your ear to the ground.
if you are on FB then join the Torremolinos BBQ Club page, we list all the events organised in Europe including the BBQS events

Alan
Alan (H+T)
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Stubbarama » 12 Jan 2015, 10:26

Thanks Alan, will do
Stubbarama
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events