The Final

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

The Final

Postby Banjo » 31 Aug 2010, 10:30

So what happened? Can someone please give a brief resume of how it went?

The suspense is killing me :?
Banjo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: The Final

Postby Steve » 31 Aug 2010, 12:27

OK, the proper results will be up soon.

Briefly, in Pit Masters

Grand Champion: BBQ Shack
Reserve GC: Miss Piggy's
Series Champion: BBQ Shack (Going to the Jack)

Feedback from Jackie (head judge) was that the standards were high all round and apart from the odd disaster (happens to everyone form time to time) everything that came in was very good. So congratulations to all the teams it appears we've come on leaps and bounds from last year and our ethos of sharing the knowledge with the new teams has worked as we're all cooking at a very even level.

Ready Steady Q

1st Yours Truly :D (Now £1000 richer) :D :D :D
2nd Lyndsey Lane from Miss Piggy's
3rd Claire Platts from Bite The Bullet BBQ

I think that everyone should be saying a big thank you to Toby for what he's done this year. I know how hard he's worked on getting these events together and they've been a great success. I take my hat off to that man for what he's achieved and the work that's gone into it. Let's not forget Kate too, her support at all events and her tireless clearing up efforts during Ready Steady Q are a big contribution :D

Also any society relies on its members, the teams that have competed this year have done themselves and the society proud, as have the rest of you on this community sharing BBQ knowledge. I'm really proud to be a part of this society and have high hopes for the future of BBQ in Britain both on a recreational and competitive level. I hope that we'll see more of you guys from here at the comps next year, trust me you won't regret coming along.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Final

Postby British BBQ Society » 31 Aug 2010, 13:48

Only just got home!!!, I will post all of the results in a few hours if they are not already up!
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events