Drum & Baste UDS Build & Comp 24th May

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Drum & Baste UDS Build & Comp 24th May

Postby Toby » 25 Feb 2014, 07:54

Many of you will already know i run a Grassroots Shake and Sauce competition class in real time at our events. This has proved incredibly successful in 2013 and out Mayhem in MAy event is already sold out.

If anyone would like to give competition BBQ a go and at the same time build a UDS which you get to take home (one per team) then you should seriously consider our Grassroots UDS build comp class at “Drum and Baste” on the 24th & 25th May.

Alongside a full blown IBQN sanctioned competition we will be given people the opportunity to construct their own UDS, season it and cook on it as part of the weekends competition. The UDS section will run in the same manner as our Grassroots Shake and Sauce weekend. So not only will each team walk away with their own UDS, you will be instructed on how to fire it up, manage the fire, prep and present your meat and compete alongside some of the top teams in the country.

We will be running a prep and trim class on the Saturday beginning at 10am, running through each of the 4 main categories. Not only will this cover trimming, rubbing and saucing but we will be providing crib sheets to help each team with their cook over night. From 12pm teams will be given their UDS kit and shown how to put it together. All equipment required will be onsite.

Each team will be allocated a covered space including, tables, chairs, chopping boards, knives etc all you will need to bring is your tent and as the title suggests Rubs and Sauces if you have them, we have a stash on site that you will be given access to should you need them. Each team will be given a competition meat box to trim, rub and cook themselves for the competition. Throughout the weekend you will have unlimited access to experienced cooks to ask questions and help with any situations that may arise.

The most important thing to remember is this is supposed to be fun, learn, but relax and enjoy the experience!! Having said that, if you have a competitive streak its good to know that grassroots teams in August took Grand Champion and against some of the countries best teams!!!

Due to equipment limitations team numbers for the UDS Build & Grassroots course are very limited and will go on a first come basis.

If you would like further information or to book a place please email compentry@ibqn.com
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Drum & Baste UDS Build & Comp 24th May

Postby Smoky Joe » 25 Feb 2014, 10:07

Toby

How much is it for this?

Gav
Smoky Joe
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Toby » 25 Feb 2014, 10:28

£250 which include comp meat and a uds (1 per team)
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby amishboy » 26 Feb 2014, 10:01

I love the title Drum and Baste, Im in ! Building a UDS sounds great, just getting the entry form done. Can I enter with two people at the moment as waiting for confirmation of remaining team members ? need to think of a team name as well, the pressure is on.
amishboy
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Toby » 26 Feb 2014, 10:03

absolutely, you can upto 5 on your team.
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby amishboy » 27 Feb 2014, 15:26

First competition entry all signed up and can't wait. Looking forward to getting some first hand lessons, building a UDS and generally having a good time. I think I need to take some deep breaths as its only February.
amishboy
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby keith157 » 28 Feb 2014, 06:27

It will be upon you before you know it, tomorrow is MARCH already :shock: :o :shock:
keith157

Postby Toby » 28 Feb 2014, 06:41

This year is going damn quickly! Here is a link to an album from one of last years comps which included grassroots so you know what to expect! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 253&type=3
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ricklyne » 16 May 2014, 12:03

Hi Toby, if we just want to pop down and meet you all is that OK, or is it a closed shop? i join the group a few years ago with the intention of joining comps and learning the correct ways of low and slow, but things just never happened, but would love to call and see what this is all about, (thats if i can get time off work)
ricklyne
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events