Rib Nights

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Re: Rib Nights

Postby hifigary » 15 Apr 2014, 19:44

Well what a great night the latest Rib Night was, lots of great Ribs some awesome entertainment and
a great vibe.

Bunch of Swines won a very close competition with some incredible ribs.
Was good to chat to Ed and Emma briefly, they are some serious BBQ people and
their passion was obvious with the quality of the ribs they produced. It was so close the
people on my table were totally split on who's were the better. I chose Bunch of Swines
but was too busy chatting I missed voting..........

Leicester is next (another sell out - but I will not be going to that one).

Gary
hifigary
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Swindon_Ed » 15 Apr 2014, 20:49

hifigary wrote:Well what a great night the latest Rib Night was, lots of great Ribs some awesome entertainment and
a great vibe.

Bunch of Swines won a very close competition with some incredible ribs.
Was good to chat to Ed and Emma briefly, they are some serious BBQ people and
their passion was obvious with the quality of the ribs they produced. It was so close the
people on my table were totally split on who's were the better. I chose Bunch of Swines
but was too busy chatting I missed voting..........

Leicester is next (another sell out - but I will not be going to that one).

Gary

It was good to meet you too Gary, although it was a lot of hard work to cook both sittings, we had lots of fun doing it. It was great to see how enthusiastic everyone was about the event, BBQ & food in general.

We'll be looking forward to Round 4, when we'll be able to enjoy it as a spectator this time :D
Swindon_Ed

Postby hifigary » 25 Apr 2014, 17:42

OK, Rib Nights round 4 has been announced - this time it is "Andy Annat BBQ Crackerjack" vs "Racks of Ruin BBQ Pit Crew"
Anyone in the West Mids really should try to get to it - music/ribs/magic/ribs/drinks/ribs - what is there not
to like?
hifigary
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby hifigary » 11 May 2014, 21:23

Just got home from the evening session of Rib Nights - what a great night it was. Chatting to both
teams before and after - and grabbing a couple of bottles of Rack of Ruin's sauce - once again it
was a great experience.

Winner tonight was Andy Annat, very, very closee and it looked like both teams had a good fun
day as well.

Roll on the next round.............
hifigary
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Artust » 23 May 2014, 07:11

I have been to a few of these now and have to say they are great nights and really they can only continue to build and get better. I have been to the Leicester tour and the last round in Birmingham with friends and the Mrs and enjoyed both a lot. I'm a big fan of good BBQ food and it took me over 90mins to travel to each venue but it was worth it, so all I would say is book yourself in and travel up early and mooch around whichever city they are in.

It seems that the winning formula is well cooked ribs so they fall off the bone covered in a sweet sauce. The winning rib at the last 2 rounds has followed this and clinched the win.

Now looking forward to the Miss Piggy's 5 course BBQ taster sitting in Leicester on Sat 31st May. Cant wait.
Artust
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Stu_C » 30 Jun 2014, 10:20

Verminskti wrote:
ConorD wrote:Reading/Wokingham/Bracknell or all three if you want to put one happy carnivore into a meat-based coma :D

This.

Another vote for this
Stu_C
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Kage » 19 Aug 2014, 11:55

Hi all!!

We are currently looking for more teams to compete in upcoming Rib Nights in Birmingham, Leicester and London. Please email feedme@ribnights.com if you would like to be involved. Its a great event where both teams and attendees have a blast! Would appreciate if people could spread the word around the teams also.

Many thanks!
Kage
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Artust » 20 Aug 2014, 18:41

I'll definitely be going to some of these. Any other forum users going to head over?
Artust
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events