Working towards the Royal

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Working towards the Royal

Postby British BBQ Society » 08 Aug 2010, 15:29

As we will porbably just have the single FEC100 to cook everything at the Royal (huge thanks to the guys a cookshack for their support, it would be imposible without them), I ran a dry run last night cooking each catagory on the FEC to make sure we had an idea of timing, ignore the presentation (there isnt any) and the borderline overcooked brisket (my injection was also too thick), the chicken has two different rubs, the ribs worked well and the pork tasted great.

This was just about timing, I experimented with all rubs and sauces to try and get maixmum flavor.

Good news, the chicken came off at 11:20 so the timing was almost there.

British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Working towards the Royal

Postby MadCow » 09 Aug 2010, 08:04

With my judging hat on, the ribs and chicken look good. The Brisket has a nice smoke ring, but looks overcooked and not keen on the goop inside it, the pork looks way too sloppy (as in too much liquid) and there's not enough bark :twisted:
MadCow

Postby British BBQ Society » 09 Aug 2010, 10:09

Get back in your cage!!!! ok who let her out???? :lol: fortunately It was made very clear I was just gauging judging times, Held my hands up to the thick injection in the brisket, also that it was over cooked, the pork was for the guys working today was not interested in appearance, but just for you I will make an effort next time.
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MadCow » 10 Aug 2010, 09:27

:cry: If you don't wanna be judged ... don't show photos !!! :ugeek: :lol:

Anyway, I just want you all to have perfect turn ins at the Royal, so keep practicing (this applies to all of you, not just Toby) ...

Love and Kisses

Queen Bitch :lol: :twisted: :lol:
MadCow

Postby British BBQ Society » 10 Aug 2010, 09:36

:D will be doing another practice this weekend, will actually do presentation as well, pointers welcome.
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Neil » 16 Aug 2010, 11:48

So how did the practice this weekend go toby?
Neil
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby British BBQ Society » 16 Aug 2010, 14:27

Lack of time made practice imposible this weekend, ready for the next one though
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events