August Event - Help please

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

August Event - Help please

Postby philnewts » 27 Jul 2010, 19:23

Hi guys.

I am absolutely itching to compete in the August comp. It was such a shame to miss last weekend. I appreciate that scoring includes the first comp but I want to do it more for experience and meeting new people.

Part of my problem is transport and available car space. Without wanting to bore you I have a Ford Focus without roof racks or trailer hitch and Surrey is quite a distance.

I have camping gear etc and most of the stuff I need will fit but if I were able to rent/borrow a smoker, tables and purchase charcoal whilst down there it would lighten the load.

Alternately if anyone is passing through Lincolnshire and might help take some stuff I would offer beer and gratitude.

Not wanting to appear cheap but it would certainly make life easier.

Let me know. 8-)
philnewts
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: August Event - Help please

Postby esselle » 27 Jul 2010, 20:02

Talk to Toby because on our first comp in may he kindly lent us an excel and I'm sure a table could be arranged if not we have a spare one you could use and charcoal is supplied free by sponsors heatbeads - so get yourself down there mate
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby British BBQ Society » 27 Jul 2010, 20:35

No Need to talk to Toby, I will lend any new team kit to compete in August (ie BBQ's and tables) bring your camping gear, tents, tools and rubs I will do whatever I can to make you feel welcome. PM me if you want to ask individual questions.

Cheers

Toby
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby philnewts » 27 Jul 2010, 21:33

Awesome news... Will get in touch directly to sort things out.

Very excited now.
philnewts
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby ozza » 29 Jul 2010, 20:07

Phil wish you all the best fella, im there next year, let me know if there's anything else I couold help with us, us newbies need to stick together :P
ozza
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby joker smoker » 29 Jul 2010, 20:32

what you "newbies" don't seem to realize is that it's only 2 years since the likes of me and Toby entered our first comp and first timers can also get placed... Ask Ellesse... Compared to the backyard BBQ veterans in the states were all just juniors
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby philnewts » 29 Jul 2010, 22:34

That's exactly the reason I want to enter. I might surprise myself! Even if I don't get a call it's as good as any cooking school. Meeting new people trading tips etc, it's gonna be a blast.
philnewts
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events