BBBQS - Pit Masters Results

Details of all cooking events,please add details of any events you are aware of that may have been missed

Re: BBBQS - Pit Masters Results

Postby esselle » 27 Jul 2010, 12:43

joker smoker wrote:it's all gone quiet...is anybody else, like me, shocked by the closeness of these results? Especially as we all have different styles and techniques. Who has the nerve now to bet on themselves for the GC....?

I was over the moon to be reserve at the weekend John but I now wish it would have been by a greater margin.......can't stand the pressure :shock:
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby esselle » 27 Jul 2010, 12:45

MadCow wrote:How would everyone feel if Toby published all the scores ... they do in the USA !!! :D

I think it is a great idea because normally if you are third fourth or fifth you wouldn't get to know but take these results for example it is like the top 5 teams have almost drawn!
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby British BBQ Society » 27 Jul 2010, 14:23

Its a couple of additional calcs on the scoring system and someone is working on it for me as we speak. It will make my life alot easier when I can give everyone all scores on the day and pass the judging sheets to Jackie so she can email the comments to everyone :lol:
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby All Weather Griller » 27 Jul 2010, 14:57

I don't mind.
All Weather Griller

Postby MadCow » 27 Jul 2010, 15:12

British BBQ Society wrote:Its a couple of additional calcs on the scoring system and someone is working on it for me as we speak. It will make my life alot easier when I can give everyone all scores on the day and pass the judging sheets to Jackie so she can email the comments to everyone :lol:

I don't mind ... though I might regret saying that one day!!! :D
MadCow

Postby Steve » 28 Jul 2010, 09:59

Amazingly close results guys. I'm really pleased for everyone who competed out there at the weekend, the Society was done proud.

Thanks again, to Toby and Kate who hosted another great event. Anyone's who's not competed at Tongham can't have any idea how much time and effort goes into making these events so enjoyable for us, Toby, Kate, you're doing an amazing job.

Looking forward to August, although poor old Toby doesn't get a break from organising :lol: Rudgwick should be a great event, the highlight of course being our competition :D
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Smokey Toad » 05 Aug 2010, 07:05

I would like to confirm that the food standard has been sooo much better reacently.

My only problem is I am hoing to compete in the next Comp, so I wont get to taste it all :(

See you at the end of the month (I hope I can keep up with the big boys)
Smokey Toad
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby MadCow » 05 Aug 2010, 09:02

well at least you have a bit of an advantage ... you know what it's supposed to look and taste like ... now all you've got to do is get it right !!! :D
MadCow

Postby stickthekettleon » 05 Aug 2010, 21:47

chicken scores...DOH !! :oops:

Don't mind a full count down like in the States, who gets to sing the national anthem though :lol:
stickthekettleon
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Competitions Cook-offs & Events